Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Background not squeeky clean but but no Felonies chances???

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Background not squeeky clean but but no Felonies chances???

Deleted....
    Last edited by SWILLIAMZ; 06-20-2019, 07:10 AM.

While you may not have any automatic DQ's the biggest issue I think will be the fact that you were still getting into trouble at 32 years of age. I think most BI's understand that people will do silly things when they are young but you seem to have some judgment issues as you have been in trouble various time over many years. Department's needs to know they can trust you when you are alone, as in this job your are unsupervised for large swaths of time.

Considering that there will likely be applicants that don't have these red flags you will likely have a hard time getting on anywhere. What were you in possession of? Also if you were in possession of something chances are you also used said drug before further hurting your own chances. You could always apply and see where it goes. best of luck

Comment

Deleted...
      Last edited by SWILLIAMZ; 06-20-2019, 07:11 AM.

Comment

Uphill. Very uphill. Why didn’t you get the dispatch job?
        Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Deleted...
          Last edited by SWILLIAMZ; 06-20-2019, 07:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SWILLIAMZ View Post
            Just wanted to pick the brain of any BI's that may be in this forum. Ive never applied to be an officer however i did make it to final stage of selections for my cities Dispatcher position. However Im concerned about applying again this time as an officer. Im 38,Married for 21 years and my record in general consist of a total of 4 traffic violations and 5 criminal charges including 2 criminal damaging charges that are 8 years apart, the worst being a minor misdemeanor possession charge 6 years ago. I'm not going to go into how much ive changed or im a better person now i only want to stick to facts. I know that when in backgrounds the TOTAL PERSON is also coupled with any criminal/traffic/civil violations , I realize this is just a high level overview of my life but i wanted to get some insight of some possible challenges i may face along the way in the process.
            Thanks to all who respond in advance
            P.S. I also do not have any automatic disqulifiiers for my desired department.
            You're not very forthcoming with pertinent information.

What were the five criminal charges for, how old were you when each occured, and what was the disposition of each? What's your drug use history?

What is your educational and employment background?

Comment

Deleted...
              Last edited by SWILLIAMZ; 06-20-2019, 07:12 AM.

Comment

You are not getting hired...for quite awhile, if ever. All those arrests and convictions are recent. You have a lack of maturity that shows.

You DO do drugs. What do think the marijuana is? Drinking is also a problem.

You have at at least four recent convictions...so far.

Comment

Deleted...
                  Last edited by SWILLIAMZ; 06-20-2019, 07:13 AM.

Comment

Well lets start with the corrections I dont do drugs. the posession charge came from getting a ride to work by someone who does. he was stopped by Highway patrol and did not fess to it so we were both written.. im no dummy i know about the whole 9/10ths deal.. so i took that on the chin and got rid of that friend.. samething i said in oral boards...
                    BS. You failed to own up to it. Now you are downplaying it. THIS is why you will never get hired.

Comment

I would say that the types of criminal convictions themselves isn't your problem, but what they say about you. A possession of marijuana and a public intox at the age of 32 is going to be an indication of maturity and decision-making issues...quite simply, by that age, you should be past doing stupid "when I was younger" stuff. That they're also a pattern of poor decision-making (you have criminal convictions every 4-5 years of your adult life) is even worse.

As for your explanation of the marijuana charge, it seems unlikely that will hold much water for most BI's. Maybe some might listen to you, but it doesn't mitigate the other convictions.
                      Last edited by Bing_Oh; 06-19-2019, 09:10 PM.
                      "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
                      -Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Deleted...
                        Last edited by SWILLIAMZ; 06-20-2019, 07:15 AM.

Comment

Correction again. I paid the fine and its funny that you bring that up because thats exaclty what I told the Commander I paid the fine did and did not fight it and it was at that point he thanked me for my candidness. Im the son of a police officer Im not ignorant to the process.
                          What does dad say about your suitability as a law enforcement officer?

Comment

What are you correcting exactly? You have an attitude that is coming out every time you post. Your dad has nothing to do with this. The “Commander” seemed to feel you weren’t worthy material either...

Comment

Delwted...
                              Last edited by SWILLIAMZ; 06-20-2019, 07:15 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8121 users online. 442 members and 7679 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X