Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Background Investigation Home Visit

Good morning everyone,

So just a quick question regarding the home visit for backgrounds. Last week, my investigator called me saying that they had had been to my high school, talked to the school resource officer and other teachers along with visiting most of my job locations. I needed to retrieve some medical records but since there was a delay getting them, the investigator said he would write down that I was bringing the records to the psychologist during my psych eval.

At that point the original plan was for him to meet up with me to get the records and then to conduct the home visit from there. He changed it said he would be going to my college this week, along with visiting the Human Resources division of my city, since I work for them, and then doing the home visit.

It’s the middle of the week and I still haven’t had a home visit. Of course everyone at my residence works during the day, so there’s always the possibility he stopped by when none of us are home. But at the same time, he mentioned things would be wrapped up by this week, so I’m just curious if it’s something that would require me to email him to inquire or just play it by ear?

I have a few friends who have already been through the process and have stressed how long it takes, but I’m just here to pick up any second thoughts or words of advice.

Things come up. A background takes as long as it takes.

Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
      Things come up. A background takes as long as it takes.
      That I understand. The only thing is, he said that he would be out for training next week so everything would be wrapped up this week.

Of course it’s out of my control and there’s no use in worrying, but still I wonder if there’s something I can/or should do without crossing the line and being too overly impatient.

Comment

The phrase " Hurry up and wait" worked wonders for me in my process. The investigator will let you know how to proceed just make sure you keep an eye on your email and phone and you will be fine, best of luck

Comment

One of the most interesting (and sometimes frustrating) parts of this job is you don't know what's happening from day to day. Someone working Admin or Backgrounds can plan out their entire week or month and make commitments to others, only to have something of a greater priority come up and turn their world upside down. It happens all the time. I remember many instances when I thought I would finish something in a few days, only to see it kicked down the road several times by last minute, more important things until it took several months to finish, or until a deadline had passed and completing the project was moot, so it got thrown in the trash.

My two favorite sayings are, Hurry up and wait, and It will all collapse into place.

You will learn the truth and wisdom of those phrases once you are on the job for a while.

Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by barcelonafan View Post

That I understand. The only thing is, he said that he would be out for training next week so everything would be wrapped up this week.

Scenario #1
            Investigator got pulled from his BI work in order to work a more pressing investigation on a major case

Scenario #2
            Investigator got sick and spent some time at home or in the hospital recovering

Scenario #3
            Crap happened
            Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Thank you everyone for all your advice and tips not only for now but the future as well. My BI just emailed me this morning to set up a home visit, so looks like things are heading on the right track.

Comment

My BI got my work schedule and suprise showed up after I was off and said what are we having for dinner... Taco Tuesday never fail

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8488 users online. 387 members and 8101 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X