300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Places to apply for quick hire, meaning not over a year

I am currently about to graduate school with my Criminology major and I really dont wanna have to sit around for a couple years waiting for a job. I currently have applications in Dallas PD and Chicago, Dallas is just pending phsycial/poly/psych but I really dont wanna have all my eggs in one basket. What I want is a bigger department for more opportunity.

Does anyone know what departments hire often that dont take over a year to hire you?

LAPD? I hear that they have a long hiring process any input?

Miami-Dade?

Ft. Lauderdale?

San Diego?

Any suggestions for places to apply would be well appreciated, I am looking for the big cities, they appeal to me the most since im more of a city person.

Try any agency in the Phoenix area...
    Well first, life dealt you a bad hand, then you decided to double down.

Comment

I've been told and read in the Maryland section of the forums that the Baltimore City Police Department's hiring process is fairly swift.
      Last edited by Kashihara; 05-03-2007, 08:37 PM. Reason: none

Comment

Quick Hire

Certainly, there are agencies which hire a little more quickly than do others. In general, most large cities/counties, and virtually all state law enforcement agencies have pretty lengthy hiring processes. A lot of the reasons for this are pretty much beaureacratic. (Written exam, background, physical etc.) It's not a bad idea at all to apply to several different agencies at once. But realistically, be prepared to do some waiting. Good luck!!

Comment

LASD has a pretty short process, from start to finish I've been told it's 3-5 months, then the 18 week academy.

Comment

In the Phoenix area most agencies are in the 2-4 month window right now.

Comment

miami dade can take a long time - in my case it was over a year before i received any definite decision - baltimore is very quick, especially for out of state applicants - that is, if you don't mind working in a dangerous city with lots of heroin and homicide..............

Comment

I did some research on agencies in the Phoenix area and if you are out of state applicants, like yourself, you can go through the entire process in four to five days. Not to bad!
                "Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. Matthew 10:28"

Comment

Portland, Maine police is extremely quick. They get things moving very very quick, thats if you want to come to maine.

Comment

Hey, you can try the City of Miami, FL Police Department. I have a friend who just completed the entire process within 6 months, and is now off to the academy. Plus, I heard that the city is giving their officers a 20% raise pretty soon. And, if that doesn't work out, look into the Opa Locka Police Department; that department is looking for people BADLY!!!!!
                    "A man is a fool if he tries to pet the dog that once bit him."- Cheif William Gillespie

Comment

The process for Fort Lauderdale takes about 12 weeks. go to www.flpdjobs.com

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5204 users online. 313 members and 4891 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X