Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hiring & Recruitment Process

This post is no longer available
    Last edited by pepster2011; 10-01-2019, 04:22 AM.

647f is a misdemeanor arrest. You were drunk in a public place and unable to care for yourself.

Where I work being in the drunk tank for a few hours and then getting released happens very often and the DA basically let's you go "without further proceedings", meaning they're not going to waste their time taking you to court or making you pay a fine.

However, an arrest is an arrest and you'll need to disclose it when trying to get hired. It shows a lack of maturity/responsibility and will probably set you back, but it shouldn't be a permanent disqualifier. Whether or not it actually shows up on your criminal record depends on the arresting agency, jail, court etc. where you were arrested.

If you got thrown out of a bar and were so drunk you couldn't open your own phone, you must've been pretty bombed.

Comment

I’m assuming your work is in California ? I had another question. I know some agencies are stricter than others with certain arrests, citations, etc. Such as DUI’s, Domestic Violence, etc. In my case, how bad does it look? How long would I have to wait in order to apply for a county jail/juvenile hall. I know County jails tend to be more lenient and hire so many people at a time, whereas, juvenile halls are ran by probation and are more strict and hire less. My guess is does it depend on the background investigator and/or agency that I apply too? Perhaps, do you know anyone who’s been in my situation and got hired ? Man, I’m stressing over this..

Comment

At least a year, maybe more. If you were considering this career path before, you should've planned your night of drinking a little bit better.

It's not the end of the world, but there are lots of people applying that have never been arrested, let alone two weeks ago.

Comment

• pepster2011
          pepster2011 commented
          Editing a comment
          I just hope it ain’t like five years that I have to wait. I for sure know that I’ll probably get dropped once I mention my situation to the background investigator. I have a friend that works at a jail and he had told me he has a few coworkers that had mentioned to him that they’ve been in that drunk tank themselves, on their days off, but who knows... ahhh this is so stressful. By any chance, do you guys have any coworkers with this type of history? If so, can any of y’all ask for me please?

Arrested while in the application process? Don't expect anyone to cut you any slack. Be surprised and grateful if any place you have applied to lets you move on.

Comment

I just hope it ain’t like five years that I have to wait. I for sure know that I’ll probably get dropped once I mention my situation to the background investigator. I have a friend that works at a jail and he had told me he has a few coworkers that had mentioned to him that they’ve been in that drunk tank themselves, on their days off, but who knows... ahhh this is so stressful. By any chance, do you guys have any coworkers with this type of history? If so, can any of y’all ask for me please?

Comment

You screwed yourself. Just because you didn’t get charged doesn’t mean it didn’t happen. PC 647(f) requires some specific criteria. If you were taken by the Officer then you were hammered and unable to care for yourself.

I dont know how old old you are but you would be DQ at every agency in the state for the next four+ years or even longer depending on your age.

Time for you to find another career

Comment

• pepster2011
              pepster2011 commented
              Editing a comment
              Dang, really? I’m 26 years old...

Spend the next three years making better decisions.

If, at the end of those three years, you have been able to demonstrate that you have learned to make better decisions, then you can apply.

But keep in mind, that you're going to be applying in a VERY competitive environment, against other applicants who have never been arrested for being thrown out of a bar too drunk to care for themselves, never been arrested, and never spent the night in the drunk tank.

Alcohol is a big problem in our profession. Hiring people who give even the slightest inkling of having an alcohol problem already, just doesn't make sense.

Comment

• pepster2011
              pepster2011 commented
              Editing a comment
              So you really think it’ll take 3+ years ?

Originally posted by pepster2011 View Post
            BS. Those “coworkers” would have been suspended, then terminated. Stop trying to minimize and justify your drinking problems.

5-7 years, then maybe try again.
            Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• pepster2011
              pepster2011 commented
              Editing a comment
              FML. This is all bad

Alright, thank you everyone for your input. I guess I will have to put in some more experience from here on me until 5 plus years.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8303 users online. 408 members and 7895 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X