Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delay in Hiring

Hello,
    I had finished my background and the Sgt. in charge of my background basically told me I was really liked and I was the only one in backgrounds (kind of saying the spot is mine). He was pressing me about if I was testing with any other department and was happy when I said no. All I have left to do in the process is my Chief's Interview then psych/med exam. I haven't heard back in a month. I did some "snooping" and found out that the old Chief of Police was suing the city, the current Chief had just resigned, and the Interim Chief had been switched around on their website about 3 times so far. Could this be the delay in my hiring? Are they waiting for the law suit to be over? Do departments ever have applicants on hold in the hiring process and not tell them? Has anyone randomly gotten a conditional offer months after their background was done? Just curious if anyone has seen something like this happen. I had messaged the Sgt. saying it had been a few weeks since I heard anything and just wanted to check in on the process but haven't heard anything back or gotten any "we don't want you" letters in the mail. Please let me know your thoughts, thanks.

Hell yes, that kind of turmoil is going to delay the hiring process. You're not even on anyone's mind right now.

Comment

You should start applying to another agency. If this one gets back to you then great, but don’t count on it.

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalAspirant View Post
        You should start applying to another agency. If this one gets back to you then great, but don’t count on it.
        This. Disheartening as it can be, keep plugging elsewhere. If they get back to you, great. If not, you're in the process elsewhere.

Comment

It's not just possible, it's almost certain that the internal chaos is going to cause a hiring delay. And, quite frankly, you should justifiably be a little paranoid about getting hired into such an environment. I'd strongly recommend doing your research into what exactly is going on and whether it's an environment you'd be interested in working in.
          "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
          -Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by KFkenny View Post
            Hello,
            I had finished my background and the Sgt. in charge of my background basically told me I was really liked and I was the only one in backgrounds (kind of saying the spot is mine). He was pressing me about if I was testing with any other department and was happy when I said no. All I have left to do in the process is my Chief's Interview then psych/med exam. I haven't heard back in a month. I did some "snooping" and found out that the old Chief of Police was suing the city, the current Chief had just resigned, and the Interim Chief had been switched around on their website about 3 times so far. Could this be the delay in my hiring? Are they waiting for the law suit to be over? Do departments ever have applicants on hold in the hiring process and not tell them? Has anyone randomly gotten a conditional offer months after their background was done? Just curious if anyone has seen something like this happen. I had messaged the Sgt. saying it had been a few weeks since I heard anything and just wanted to check in on the process but haven't heard anything back or gotten any "we don't want you" letters in the mail. Please let me know your thoughts, thanks.
            There are so many red flags here that I would RUN rather than walk away.

If I didn't know better I would swear that you are in the process for a neighboring agency
            Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9903 users online. 410 members and 9493 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X