300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For background investigators or knowledgeable folks

My background was complete and was waiting to be reviewed. It set there for probably over 4 weeks. I got calls and text messages from my references that they were called. I was aware that my detective called only one reference before my packet was turned in. Now I was informed that whoever has the final say so wanted my bi to call more references. So my s/o, parents, etc. we’re all contacted and they wanted me to go in the station to get my pictures of my tattoos retaken because they couldn’t find the previous photos. Have you ever heard of anything like this happening and is it pretty much a good sign? I would think that my packet was reviewed and they didn’t see anything that would dq me but they just want to get a better feel of what kind of individual I am...

Originally posted by GummyBear16 View Post
    My background was complete and was waiting to be reviewed. It set there for probably over 4 weeks. I got calls and text messages from my references that they were called. I was aware that my detective called only one reference before my packet was turned in. Now I was informed that whoever has the final say so wanted my bi to call more references. So my s/o, parents, etc. we’re all contacted and they wanted me to go in the station to get my pictures of my tattoos retaken because they couldn’t find the previous photos. Have you ever heard of anything like this happening and is it pretty much a good sign? I would think that my packet was reviewed and they didn’t see anything that would dq me but they just want to get a better feel of what kind of individual I am...

My first impression based on what information you have given ...is that there are problems somewhere that they are either trying to resolve or they are documenting for other reasons.
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

• GummyBear16
      GummyBear16 commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh my lord! I know my bi told me that they were informed that I was married so they wanted to talk to my children’s father. I’ve never been married. After my bi got the pictures of my tattoos and finished talking to everyone this time, I was told that my application was resubmitted *shrugs*

I would think it's that they want to talk to the Dad. I'm only guessing but it would be surprising that they wouldn't talk to someone so significant in your life. 4 weeks is extremely fast for a background investigation to be done.
    Last edited by Zeitgeist1; 06-10-2019, 10:50 AM.

Comment

• Bing_Oh
      Bing_Oh commented
      Editing a comment
      Whoever has the final say so asked my bi to call more references and I guess to retake my pictures because they weren’t in my file I guess. That’s why I’m taking it as a good sign.
      Wanting more references is usually a sign that something has popped up that they want to double check. Talking to your significant other and ex's with whom you have children is common...departments don't want to hire someone with domestic problems.

The additional tattoo pics could be someone higher up the food chain who doesn't like tattoos (pretty common among the older generation of LE who are now administrators...it's not uncommon for visible tattoos to be a hiring disqualifier) who wants to see them to make sure they're not "offensive" to them.
      Last edited by Bing_Oh; 06-09-2019, 12:09 PM.

• GummyBear16
      GummyBear16 commented
      Editing a comment
      Bing_Oh they already took pictures of my tattoos but some how they weren’t in my file so they just had to retake them. None of my tattoos are visible. I already had to write all the locations of my tattoos and what they mean to me. My bi said they were informed I was married but all my references said they never heard of such a thing and my parents even said no. They spoken to my children’s father and he even denied it. I’m hoping they want to put me in the next academy

• Bing_Oh
      Bing_Oh commented
      Editing a comment
      Wait...your references, including your PARENTS, said they didn't know you were married?! What kind of references did you give this department?

Either you have a seriously FUBAR background or the department you're applying to is incompetent. Neither is a good sign.

• GummyBear16
      GummyBear16 commented
      Editing a comment
      Bing_Oh I’m sorry for the confusion! Everyone was shocked that they were asked that and denied it. My parents said I was never married. I would think that if I was married then that would be public records so I don’t know why everyone was asked if I was married and my children’s father was asked if we were ever married. The answer is no. I just figured it was an excuse just to talk to him and to see if he would have anything bad to say about me... *shrugs*

Sounds to me like the Agency you have applied to has MAJOR problems - time to run, Forrest!
    #32936 - Royal Canadian Mounted Police - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
    Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 to date
    RCMP Veterans Association - Regina Division member
    Mounted Police Professional Association of Canada - Associate (Retired) member
    "Smile" - no!

Comment

• GummyBear16
      GummyBear16 commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol! Well hopefully I can rank up and make positive changes! This is my dream department!

Keep applying and try to be patient. If this is your dream dept. and you don't get hired, maybe you can lateral after a couple of years. But stay positive.

Comment

• GummyBear16
      GummyBear16 commented
      Editing a comment
      My background packet was resubmitted last week so I pray I get the call! I would think they did look through my packet and wanted to make sure I’m not a liability or my children’s father is. I’m drama free. I’m not even going to think negative. It’s a big department that are looking to hire a lot of officers.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9831 users online. 464 members and 9367 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X