300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Background Investigation

So I was recently turned away from an agency after completing everything psych background medical etc. Prior to my background being finished a LT from this agency called me and said he wanted to hire me. Fast forward a month the same LT called me and told me that they weren’t going to be offering me a job due to a bad job review to which he threw me a bone and went into detail, after finding out the details I knew for a fact that it was a lie so it essentially became my word vs my job’s word. What my job told them couldn’t be proven at all and I even had people from that job vouch for me. The same LT told me to reapply in September instead of waiting the whole year like it said on the letter and he was still saying that I’m someone the department wants and things like that. To me the whole thing seemed off and somewhat shady.
    Last edited by Majors; 06-07-2019, 11:28 AM.
    "A man can be beaten in two ways if he dies or if he gives up."
    "For those I love I will sacrifice."

Originally posted by Majors View Post
    So I was recently turned away from an agency after completing everything psych background medical etc. Prior to my background being finished a LT from this agency called me and said he wanted to hire me. Fast forward a month the same LT called me and told me that they weren’t going to be offering me a job due to a bad job review to which he threw me a bone and went into detail, after finding out the details I knew for a fact that it was a lie so it essentially became my word vs my job’s word. What my job told them couldn’t be proven at all and I even had people from that job vouch for me. The same LT told me to reapply in September instead of waiting the whole year like it said on the letter and he was still saying that I’m someone the department wants and things like that. To me the whole thing seemed off and somewhat shady.
    It happens

I would strongly think twice about applying before the official letter allows................following directions is part of the system
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

And have fun with your current agency. I’m sure if they lied to a BI, they’ll fire you for nothing...
      Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
        And have fun with your current agency. I’m sure if they lied to a BI, they’ll fire you for nothing...
        Not a LEO haha. Thank you for the advice I’ll keep that in mind for the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post

It happens

I would strongly think twice about applying before the official letter allows................following directions is part of the system
          It just seems shifty because even the commander of the division said to follow the LT’s word about reapplying but hopefully I’ve been hired by then. Thank you for the input!

Comment

Hello, I was turned away from a LE agency for past job discharges , I wanna know if there’s anything different I can try to do later on , thing is I never lied I was honest the whole time and explained what happened (attendance issues) just seems hopeless if anyone could shed some light or advice it’s appreciated, thank you !

Comment

Originally posted by J1996 View Post
              Hello, I was turned away from a LE agency for past job discharges , I wanna know if there’s anything different I can try to do later on , thing is I never lied I was honest the whole time and explained what happened (attendance issues) just seems hopeless if anyone could shed some light or advice it’s appreciated, thank you !
              start your own thread
              Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8028 users online. 390 members and 7638 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X