300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ride Along Request While Applying For An Agency

In the past, at least in my neck of the woods, it was fairly common for agency applicants to request a ride along. It showed the agency that the applicant is interested and gave an opportunity, away from the interview process, to get to know each other. I know that things can and do change over time. How is a ride-along request viewed at your agency these days? Over the years, I have heard a wide range of responses to this. Some departments never allow ride alongs. Others, only for applicants. Still others take all sorts of ride-alongs all of them time.

Mine actually uses it as part of the hiring process. Applicants are expected to schedule one.

Comment

So does mine. Required for everyone up to and including Chief.
      Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Was also required when I got hired on with my first PD. But remember, you are still an applicant. The process is designed to evaluate candidates at all phases. So, read between the lines.

Comment

It’s not technically required at my agency but if you go into backgrounds, one will be scheduled for you.

Comment

We don't require one but requesting and doing one would only serve to make an applicant look better. Assuming they're not beyond obnoxious on said ride along.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7593 users online. 363 members and 7230 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X