300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• attorney or no attorney civil service appeal

I was dq'd last week and have been given 15 days to appeal. I can move on, but really wanted this job. The county Medical Dr. says I am not qualified, however, the Dr. that did my physical on behalf of the county indicated i was fine. furthermore, my own Dr. has written a letter to the risk mngmnt dept. stating that i meet referencing specifics in job posting the guidlines and requirements. now the question is b/c of my back strain 5 mos ago with no prior history and nothing since then, i feel that i have a chance. would it be in my best interest representing self or should i seek counsel?

definitely appeal... if you have the money seek advice from an employment lawyer. i'm sure you can do as well w/o a lawyer. the lawyer is probably going to say for you get another medical opinion( which you already have).

Comment

the county has two Dr. one being my own and they other the county contracted dr that actually did my physical and supported that 1. i had nothing wrong 2. i would be able to fulfill the responsibilities of a deputy. yet i have " the county Dr. goldberg saying it doesnt matter, you dont meet the guidlines and i have a high probability that it (that previous back strain) would happen again and i am dq'd! so another words i have already submitted a 3rd dr. and it did not matter.

Comment

Attorney or no attorney

None of us can make the decision for you. What it's going to come down to, is how much you want to appeal the decision. If you decide to appeal, I'd defintely recommend you retain an Attorney, and one who specializes in Employment Law. Understand, that you could still lose the appeal, but I honestly believe you'll have a better chance if you're represented by counsel.

Comment

I agree. Hopefully this civil service board or commission is not bais?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2735 users online. 178 members and 2557 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X