300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Psych evaluation

Im applying to be a state trooper here in Minnesota. So far I've passed everything. I had my psych eval today with the psychologist. I was as honest as I could be. However, didn't get a a good vibe from the psychologist. Maybe I'm overthinking it, but any advice would be helpful!

Just sit back and wait. You already took the test. Nothing you can do now. The last time I took a psych I struggled to keep my mouth shut because I felt the psychologist was being unprofessional. The psychologist is supposed to grade you according to the standards set forth by the department you’re applying to NOT whether they think you are a cool guy.

Comment

Don't try to analyze a head-shrinker...psych evals can be uncomfortable for many people. You'll know the results soon enough so you can do nothing but wait at this point.
      "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
      -Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

You guys don’t understand the Q&A process, that’s for sure.
        Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

There is no advice to give. You simply have to wait to see whether you were given the okay or not.

Comment

As difficult as it is, you have no choice but to wait. I have as yet to meet anyone that had a 'good vibe' from a psychiatrist while interviewing. Some will be antagonistic, some will make you wait an hour (or two) just to get a reaction. You just never know. Good luck.
            Last edited by Zeitgeist1; 06-05-2019, 07:46 PM.

Comment

*I am not a police officer* Hey guys - I have a similar question in the same vein. How long did it take for you guys to hear back on your MMPI results? I'm at the last step! Just hoping I pass it.

Comment

There really isn't any "advice" to give. I never got a good vibe during either of the two pre-hire psychs I went through. My last one was really interesting because it turned into a decent conversation.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7814 users online. 319 members and 7495 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X