Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Background investigation?

Good afternoon everyone,
    I have a question regarding Department background investigation. I am currently in the process with a department. I am at the last step in the hiring process, Which for them is the Background investigation. They told me the entire background investigation will take 1-2 weeks. Isn't this a very short time frame for a law enforcement agency? What Investigation is going to be done within 2 weeks? Any thoughts?
    Last edited by osaosaqaza; 05-29-2019, 08:16 PM.

The kind they find to be sufficient? If it is an assigned priority task instead of a do bits and pieces as you can, you can get a lot done in two weeks. Education, military service, credit, driving and criminal history can all be knocked out pretty quickly. Interviews can slow down the process, especially if someone is on vacation but, like I said, a BI dedicated to the task can make a lot of headway. What do you see as being time consuming?

Comment

• osaosaqaza
      osaosaqaza commented
      Editing a comment
      I just assumed background checks are very intense. And they take a long time. I've heard it takes months before they're done.

My agency was dangerously short staffed. They did waht they called 'waiver hire' which meant they did a cursory background check on people, hired them and then, supposedly completed a more thorough one later. This may be the case with the agency you're applying to.

Comment

Why are you so worried that it's being done quickly..?
      Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• osaosaqaza
        osaosaqaza commented
        Editing a comment
        Who said I was worried? Its a question for discussion

Originally posted by Zeitgeist1 View Post
      My agency was dangerously short staffed. They did waht they called 'waiver hire' which meant they did a cursory background check on people, hired them and then, supposedly completed a more thorough one later. This may be the case with the agency you're applying to.
      Can I ask what state you’re in? That sounds kind of sketchy. I imagine they’ve let go more than one person they hired like that.

Comment

It's beyond sketchy, it's scary! I work for Atlanta PD

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9771 users online. 461 members and 9310 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X