Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Atlanta PD hiring process question (May be a general question)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Atlanta PD hiring process question (May be a general question)

    Hey guys, new member. Happy to be here. So, I've started the application process for APD and I've read somewhere that I need to provide a 10 year work history (FORM: SSA-7050-F4). Of course, I can't find where I read this information, however I have called the dept and confirmed that it is a document I need. It says on the form itself, and after speaking with an employee of the Social Security Administration, that this process takes 120 days. For those who have done this, remember this, etc; Is this an accurate time frame? Did it really take this long and was this something that put a pause on the process? I'm attending a recruiting event in a couple weeks and wanted it by then, however it seems like that is impossible. Any info on this would be greatly appreciated and any other type of info or tips about the police hiring process and specifically APD process would be super helpful! I live in New York state so this process seems like it's going to be tricky being that this is my first dept and it's almost 1000 miles away. Thank you guys for all that you do and in advance for your help!

  • #2
    Originally posted by tytythephotoguy View Post
    Hey guys, new member. Happy to be here. So, I've started the application process for APD and I've read somewhere that I need to provide a 10 year work history (FORM: SSA-7050-F4). Of course, I can't find where I read this information, however I have called the dept and confirmed that it is a document I need. It says on the form itself, and after speaking with an employee of the Social Security Administration, that this process takes 120 days. For those who have done this, remember this, etc; Is this an accurate time frame? Did it really take this long and was this something that put a pause on the process? I'm attending a recruiting event in a couple weeks and wanted it by then, however it seems like that is impossible. Any info on this would be greatly appreciated and any other type of info or tips about the police hiring process and specifically APD process would be super helpful! I live in New York state so this process seems like it's going to be tricky being that this is my first dept and it's almost 1000 miles away. Thank you guys for all that you do and in advance for your help!
    Generaly ......
    After they receive the initial application they'll decide if they want to move you along in the process. Sometime after that they'll send you a back ground packet with a bunch of forms for you to complete. They'll most likely want that work history on their forms.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by westside popo View Post

      Generaly ......
      After they receive the initial application they'll decide if they want to move you along in the process. Sometime after that they'll send you a back ground packet with a bunch of forms for you to complete. They'll most likely want that work history on their forms.
      Thank you very much.

      Comment


      • #4
        I recently retired from APD. There used to be a fairly active APD subforum in the Ga. thread. I don't know if you can do this in NY but I've heard that some applicants have actually gone to a SS office in person and it expedited things. Good luck to you.

        Comment


        • tytythephotoguy
          tytythephotoguy commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you, I'll stop into my local SS office before sending the forms in the mail. I can't think of anything off the top of my head, but would it be okay to private message you with questions, should they arise?

        • Aerohead
          Aerohead commented
          Editing a comment
          If you go into a local Social Security Office, they can print it right there and give it to you. I had to the do the same when I applied to Atlanta PD and Detroit PD years ago.

      • #5
        I don't come here alot but I'll be glad to answer your questions if I can. I was an FTO and did teach at the Academy during my career but was never in Recruiting and it was a lonnnnnngggg time ago that I applied.

        Comment


        • #6
          Aerohead I'll be stopping by there tomorrow, I hope it's true! Thanks!

          Comment


          • #7
            If anyone cares, I went today and spent far too long at SSA. They don't take cash so I had to go to two separate banks in order to get a money order, which due to miscommunication, was filled out for the incorrect amount. After all that, I couldn't be bothered to go back to the bank and try and get seen within the last few minutes being open. I'll be going back Monday with my personal check book to ensure the correct amount is filled in and I can get this taken care of. Thank you all for the help.

            Comment


            • #8
              Originally posted by tytythephotoguy View Post
              If anyone cares, I went today and spent far too long at SSA. They don't take cash so I had to go to two separate banks in order to get a money order, which due to miscommunication, was filled out for the incorrect amount. After all that, I couldn't be bothered to go back to the bank and try and get seen within the last few minutes being open. I'll be going back Monday with my personal check book to ensure the correct amount is filled in and I can get this taken care of. Thank you all for the help.
              I have been to the local SSA MANY times for various reason

              Yep, it takes a while but they give excellent service as long as you FOLLOW their directions to the letter..........If you don't, you will have to re do whatever you did wrong.

              It's good practice for a career in LE
              Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

              My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

              Comment


              • #9
                Yep, that's our government. You can grow old waiting on the VA.

                Comment


                • #10
                  UPDATE: I've gotten the 10 year history, and I've actually submitted my application! I'm super excited and can't wait for the NYC event next weekend. I'm going to be running everyday since then to be able to fit into my suit! Lol, dad bod started to catch up to me! Thanks guys for your input and help.

                  Comment

                  MR300x250 Tablet

                  Collapse

                  What's Going On

                  Collapse

                  There are currently 7460 users online. 383 members and 7077 guests.

                  Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                  Welcome Ad

                  Collapse
                  Working...
                  X