300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ?? Background Question ??

Just curious as to what your BI asks when he calls your jobs?I heard that they call only to verify dates of employments and how you were as a worker is that true?I was in a situation 3 years ago where my supervisor had a cousin that worked at the job and i didn't get along with her to well, actually not one bit.She'd due just about anything to make me look bad to other workers and to her cousin(supervisor).I came to work everyday, did my job got along with other workers, and when i left put my 2 weeks in. I'm just hopin the SP doesnt bad mouth me.Can the Supervisor bad mouth me?Any suggestions??
    Last edited by copbound; 04-30-2007, 02:00 AM.

Depends. If it's all hearsay it doesn't hold a lot of weight. Usually employers will just answer by saying they don't wish to discuss your work ethic. If you already spoke to your BI you may have wanted to mention this so they know ahead of time.

They wanted to talk to my ex girlfriend that I lived with while I was applying but after I told them about the situation they knew it wasn't worth it. We all have someone who we didn't get along with. Hopefully you didn't take too much revenge against her

Comment

I hear you,but if i bring it up to him, won't he try to find out about it?

Comment

Originally posted by copbound View Post
        I hear you,but if i bring it up to him, won't he try to find out about it?
        Typical time frame for a BI to check into your previous and present employers is 10 years. Some they go directly in person to talk with or by phone, mail. Some ask standards questions, such as: Dates of employment, were you fired or did you quit, tardy for work, etc.

Now if this one employer you are skeptical of, I would go ahead and give a heads up to your BI, if you don't and they talk to them, they will be asking you what happened, etc. It's better to be upfront.
        "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

Background Question

Sounds like a "pre-emptive strike" might be in order. Give the BI a heads-up concerning the situation. Conflict in the workplace is pretty common. As noted, employers often will provide only the dates you worked for them. If you signed a waiver as part of your Background package,allowing a previous employer to go into more detail concerning your work history, they probably will. That varies from state to state though. At the end of the day, be honest about it. It shouldn't be all that much of a problem.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4490 users online. 224 members and 4266 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X