300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Psych exam

Im gearing up to take the psych exam in a few weeks, I would like to get some information on what to expect and maybe a few tips to keep my nervs down when the day comes!

Thank you!

My experience taking the psych. The exam is to determine how consistent you are while taking the exam. Be truthful and honest with the doctor answer every question honestly and you will be fine. Always remember they have all your information at hand

Comment

Originally posted by Peakest View Post
      Im gearing up to take the psych exam in a few weeks, I would like to get some information on what to expect and maybe a few tips to keep my nervs down when the day comes!

Thank you!
      Everyone expects you to be nervous.
      Follow the directions , answer the questions TRUTHFULLY, and see what happens
      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

I took my psych last week and they interviewed everyone in the middle of the test one by one. test was very long. def be truthful. I am awaiting my result now.

Comment

1. Get a good nights sleep.
          2. Get in a good workout that morning.
          3. Let the truth set you free.
          I used to be a banker but I lost interest.

-Steven Wright

Comment

And don't try to game the exam. By that I mean answer questions based on what you think they want to hear. It's designed to catch that.

-Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Ratatatat View Post
              And don't try to game the exam. By that I mean answer questions based on what you think they want to hear. It's designed to catch that.
              But, but, but.....I really DON'T like to watch fire.
              Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Lol. I did answer the question "I think fire is fascinating" with a yes. This came up afterwards during the interview portion... where I was able to explain that on camping trips, I could look into a campfire all night....

Teachable point: answer honestly, because there will be an opportunity to explain what you meant.

-Steven Wright

Comment

Be consistent and don't try to play games on the test. Dress well, everyone is 'sir' or 'ma'am'. Answer honestly. Like the above said, they'll ask for clarification on questions if they have any. Answer the questions at face value and don't read into them.

Comment

Don't read too hard into the questions. You should be able to glance at a question, and decide immediately if it applies to you. If it does mark true if it doesn't, mark false. The doctor should give you a rundown on how to answer the questions. The first psych test i had ever taken for an agency washed me out because I was over thinking everything. Take it from me, it's no big deal. Think of it as a long drawn out personality assessment so the big wigs can learn what kind of guy you are mentally and emotionally. You'll do fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratatatat View Post
                      Lol. I did answer the question "I think fire is fascinating" with a yes. This came up afterwards during the interview portion... where I was able to explain that on camping trips, I could look into a campfire all night....

Teachable point: answer honestly, because there will be an opportunity to explain what you meant.
                      Ah, but is your stool black and tarry?

I love psych exams...
                      "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
                      -Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• Ratatatat
                        Ratatatat commented
                        Editing a comment
                        “Would you rather be a librarian or a lion tamer?”

Wha tha fuh...

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4193 users online. 195 members and 3998 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X