Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will this hurt/slow down my background?

Currently in backgrounds for a department and my investigator says he will be finished with my packet sometime this month, or beginning of next month the latest. I’m in a horrible position with my current employment and want to quit as soon as possible. Ever since I began my job, my supervisor cut my hours to the point where i cant pay my monthly bills anymore. I want to respectfully quit this position as soon as I can, but will this affect my background? Should I just suck it up until backgrounds are over and then quit?

TLDR Does quiting a job mid BG delay/cause a problem
    Last edited by SSJHectic; 04-09-2019, 05:41 PM.

Quitting a job without a viable reason, i.e. for a better paying one, is never ideal.

Suck it up buttercup.
    You can always tell when a man is well informed- his views are pretty much like your own.

-H. Jackson Brown Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratatatat View Post
      Quitting a job without a viable reason, i.e. for a better paying one, is never ideal.

Suck it up buttercup.
      Second this one...
      NYPD Exam 2302 (July, 2011) - 9x.xxx
      List number (December, 2011) - 2xx
      APD -???

Comment

Originally posted by SSJHectic View Post
        Currently in backgrounds for a department and my investigator says he will be finished with my packet sometime this month, or beginning of next month the latest. I’m in a horrible position with my current employment and want to quit as soon as possible. Ever since I began my part time job, my supervisor has not only cut my hours, but has been treating me (and others) very horribly and disrespectful. I want to respectfully quit this position as soon as I can, but will this affect my background? Should I just suck it up until backgrounds are over and then quit?

Wait until you get in the academy and see how you are treated......you haven't seen disrespectful yet.

THEN you get to work with the public after you graduate. THAT will make the academy disrespect seem like a love circle

Suck it up
        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

It's always easier to get a job when you have a job.

If you're background is really that close to being finished, then hang in there a couple of more months. Quitting now will only raise a red flag and if your boss is as bad as you say he is, it just might give him incentive to feed your BI some bad information at the worst possible time.

Comment

We've all had jobs and bosses that we hated with a fiery passion. If you just up and quit then yes, it will hurt your chances. It shows when the going gets tough instead of fighting through it or working to better the situation you run away. That is the complete opposite of what departments are looking for.

As others have stated, if you think it's bad now the academy and how the public will treat you on the streets will be a real eye opener. This job is a difficult one and we need to make sure we hire people who can make it through it.

Comment

LOL.. Really dude. you are in a good position I would wait before I make a drastic decision. Suck it butter cup!!!!

Comment

You wouldn’t be the first one to want to quit your job only to find out there is a hiring freeze with the job you were processing with. You don’t want to be in that position.

Comment

Originally posted by SSJHectic View Post
                  TL;DR

Yes.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6687 users online. 264 members and 6423 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X