300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 Year DQ?

I just got notified that I've been disqualified for 1 year from applying with an agency, and am just a bit curious what the thought process behind that decision is.

I was looking good but had an issue on my poly. I was sick and got horrible sleep the day before but after waiting a month for the date I thought I could tough it out. Turns out I was wrong. My anxiety got the best of me and I was overthinking the questions to a pretty serious degree. After 3 charts my examiner came back and told me I had a reaction to a question. I told him what I was thinking of (something admittedly pretty silly from when I was an early teenager, I'm in my 30's now) and he said I might have to wait a year.

BI contacts me and says she's going to discuss with her sup a second poly, but after that discussion I get notified I have a temporary DQ of 1 year.

I'm very grateful it isn't permanent, but I'm a bit curious about the decision. I did some searching on here and didn't find much; seems that most people are either in or out.

Originally posted by NckCop View Post
    I just got notified that I've been disqualified for 1 year from applying with an agency, and am just a bit curious what the thought process behind that decision is.

I was looking good but had an issue on my poly. I was sick and got horrible sleep the day before but after waiting a month for the date I thought I could tough it out. Turns out I was wrong. My anxiety got the best of me and I was overthinking the questions to a pretty serious degree. After 3 charts my examiner came back and told me I had a reaction to a question. I told him what I was thinking of (something admittedly pretty silly from when I was an early teenager, I'm in my 30's now) and he said I might have to wait a year.

BI contacts me and says she's going to discuss with her sup a second poly, but after that discussion I get notified I have a temporary DQ of 1 year.

I'm very grateful it isn't permanent, but I'm a bit curious about the decision. I did some searching on here and didn't find much; seems that most people are either in or out.
    That may have something to do with the particular question you were deceptive on. That may be there standard for any DQ.

What was the question you were deceptive on?

Comment

That was kind of my guess.

The question I "reacted" to was "Have you committed any crimes you didn't list". Looking back, the thing I thought of was stupid, but not criminal.

But a failed poly is still a failed poly.

Comment

Thought process is.....you have a disqualifying item in your background. The agency THINKS that a year will clear the automatic disqualifying item. They allow you to re apply after that one year period.

The GOOD thing is they are allowing you to re apply. The downside is that you will ALWAYS have that item in your background and it STILL will be a problem in getting hired....it just is no longer disqualifying . You will still have to compete with everyone else and MOST of them will not have that problem
        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

IMO, allowing you to reapply in one year doesn't mean that waiting a year will somehow "cure" the issue that disqualified you.

Permanent bars from reapplying are extremely rare, especially for civil service agencies. Most agencies will allow anyone to reapply. However, it generally does NOT mean you should expect a different outcome. Bottom line is that if they wanted to hire you they wouldn't have DQ'ed you.

I suggest putting in applications elsewhere...

Comment

Understood. Thanks for the replies.

Comment

I'm reading between the lines here, but my take is whatever happened during the poly resulted in the sup saying "A second polygraph? Oh hell no."
              There are two types of people in this world: those who are humble and those who will be humbled.

Comment

As not in my town said, an agency cannot bar someone from applying for a civil service job. More than likely the next testing cycle will be in a year, hence, reapply in a year. However, if there is still a disqualifying event in your personal history you may meet the same fate.
                Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6265 users online. 291 members and 5974 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X