300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yea or Ney

Just curious.....I had a DUI in 2000 when I was 18 that was dropped to a neg and and then another in 2003 when I was 21 that I deferred. I'm 26 now. Odd thing was I got them both the next morning while driving home from where I was. I was trying so hard to be safe the night before and just didn't think about it the next day. Those two things eat at me every day. Especially when LE is my dream job.

I was in the Navy for 4 years as an Aviation Ordnanceman(loaded bombs) on a carrier. I was also a gun mount captain and had many other gun quals. I came out with an honorable discharge. I took criminal justice courses full-time at a local community college for a year. I applied for a school district Security Job and am currently working as a patrol officer in that department. 3 different cities are involved. I work pretty close with a police department in the city limits and am gaining great experience. I'm also in a local citizens academy for intrest purposes. I've had a couple oral boards within the last year and a half that haven't panned out. I'm getting ready to go back to school full-time in September to get a 4 year degree. I know my backround is controversial, but as far as looking at a LE career down the line, do you think there's a chance.

Yea or Nay

The DUI's would concern me as recent as they have been. But, that's me. I like your Naval service, Honorable Discharge, and current job. What you're going to have to do,is to be completely honest in all your applications. That means fully disclosing the DUI arrests, and the dispositions. At this point I would suggest that you apply, but expect agencies to take a pretty long look at those DUIs.

Comment

your 2 DUI's will be a tough obstacle to over come... since you got 2 it shows that you are irresponsible and immature. i could understand if it's one.. but u got 2 so you didn't learn your lesson the first time.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4066 users online. 220 members and 3846 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X