300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you know you're in?

does your BI tell you if you've made it through the process? or does it usually come in the form of a letter from HR?

i've passed written, oral, poly, psych and "did very well" at the hiring committee says my BI-who also pushed up my medical three weeks?

am I in? you're thoughts...

My favorite quote (authored my none other) is this:

Good news comes by phone, bad news comes by mail.

Think about it. If you win Publisher's Clearing House, you get a phone call and a visit, not a letter. If you get a job offer, it comes via a phone call, not a letter. If you win HGTV's Dream Home, they call you, they don't send a letter.

FWIW,

EDJ
    Last edited by ElDiabloJoe; 04-28-2007, 03:23 PM.
    "It's a game of cat and mouse. It's a game of hide and seek. Albeit games with deadly consequences. Like most games-the better you know the rules, the more likely you are to win."

Comment

Originally posted by djsalinger View Post
      does your BI tell you if you've made it through the process? or does it usually come in the form of a letter from HR?

i've passed written, oral, poly, psych and "did very well" at the hiring committee says my BI-who also pushed up my medical three weeks?

am I in? you're thoughts...
      You're in after you've received your first paycheck

A man should never be ashamed to own that he has been in the wrong, which is but saying... that he is wiser today than yesterday. Jonathan Swift 1667-1745

It's only a conspiracy when your party is not in power.

Comment

you're in when you get the call for the academy. you still have the medical..not sure if you have a chief's interview...

Comment

Your in when its your first day in your own car after F.T.O.

Comment

You're in when you get that call from HR offering employment, which will soon be followed by a letter. Remember most of the time, no news is good news.
            "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4643 users online. 280 members and 4363 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X