• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JohnnyNYPD4Life
    started a topic neck tattoo

neck tattoo

Hello everyone,

I recently graduated from the university of Texas with a bachelors in Criminal Justice. I have always been fond of tattoos. I have sleeves. I have a neck tattoo as well. However I am now considering getting my neck tattoo removed in order to do police work. But before I do I wanted to ask on here if anyone knows any departments anywhere in the country that will hire a qualified applicant with a neck tattoo. I am Willing to cover it up on duty so that it is not visible. I know every department is different, I have been looking around. The tattoos on the arms I know departments are becoming more lenient towards mellenials. But a neck tattoo or face or hands is usually always prohibited. I’m 32 years old. No criminal history. Graduated cum laude 3.69 GPA. I love studying CJ. I really want to do law enforcement. I’m open to moving out of Texas. But it would be nice to stay here since I graduated in south Texas. The lock is ticking for me, need to make moves fast. Neck tattoo removal will probably take a year! And the cost. But if it needs to be done, it will be. But I prefer to be able to have the freedom of self expression off duty. On duty, professionalism is important. The public have a negative oppinion on tattoos usually. I get it. I’m okay with it. But don’t not hire me because I have tattoos. There are advanced concealers which I used as a banker for 7 years. No one could tell I had a tattoo during this period. Water proof , weather proof and took 10 min per day to apply. Sorry for the rant. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!! And sorry in advance if I posted this question in the wrong place.

• JohnnyNYPD4Life
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks, looking at the tatto policy, neck, hands and face are prohibited. Appreciate you helping though brother!

• Iowa #1603
    replied
    NYPD had a Deputy Inspector with a neck tattoo

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10579 users online. 458 members and 10121 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X