• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JohnnyNYPD4Life
    started a topic neck tattoo

neck tattoo

Hello everyone,

I recently graduated from the university of Texas with a bachelors in Criminal Justice. I have always been fond of tattoos. I have sleeves. I have a neck tattoo as well. However I am now considering getting my neck tattoo removed in order to do police work. But before I do I wanted to ask on here if anyone knows any departments anywhere in the country that will hire a qualified applicant with a neck tattoo. I am Willing to cover it up on duty so that it is not visible. I know every department is different, I have been looking around. The tattoos on the arms I know departments are becoming more lenient towards mellenials. But a neck tattoo or face or hands is usually always prohibited. I’m 32 years old. No criminal history. Graduated cum laude 3.69 GPA. I love studying CJ. I really want to do law enforcement. I’m open to moving out of Texas. But it would be nice to stay here since I graduated in south Texas. The lock is ticking for me, need to make moves fast. Neck tattoo removal will probably take a year! And the cost. But if it needs to be done, it will be. But I prefer to be able to have the freedom of self expression off duty. On duty, professionalism is important. The public have a negative oppinion on tattoos usually. I get it. I’m okay with it. But don’t not hire me because I have tattoos. There are advanced concealers which I used as a banker for 7 years. No one could tell I had a tattoo during this period. Water proof , weather proof and took 10 min per day to apply. Sorry for the rant. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!! And sorry in advance if I posted this question in the wrong place.

• JohnnyNYPD4Life
    commented on 's reply
    That would be true had my tribal tattoo existed before I got it. Some tribal tattoos are free handed by the artist like mine was! Lol bet you didn’t know that. It was a made up design. Looks pretty cool huh? Hey buddy...thank you for taking time to try and give me advice and help out. All jokes aside. I appreciate you and everyone else on here.

• CCCSD
    commented on 's reply
    Yes. They are. You aren’t a member of that group, and by stealing their cultural heritage, you are misappropriating their culture.

• JohnnyNYPD4Life
    commented on 's reply
    J2H really turds? Lol man that’s harsh. I plan on doing 25 and retiring when i am 55

• JohnnyNYPD4Life
    commented on 's reply
    42 years in law enforcement is admirable and I actually take inspiration from hearing this! West side popo. However i am not inspired by the judgmental comments you placed toward me. But I forgive you. Your still my brother buddy. If I said anything disrespectful I apologize! But Mellenials will be taking over. I mean it’s a fact.

• JohnnyNYPD4Life
    commented on 's reply
    That’s some nice ink! I like mine still though. Lol

• JohnnyNYPD4Life
    commented on 's reply
    Big time win

• JohnnyNYPD4Life
    commented on 's reply
    I do not think tattoos are a badge of toughness. But thank you for taking your time and writing this to me. I do understand tattoos are very important in the professional world. I agree they should be covered for professional reasons. But I still don’t think it is right to not hire someone because they have them. The neck, face and hands I understand because it is hard to cover in uniform. Okay. I can agree. Again, I will get mine removed ASAP. I apprecaite your input. I really do -thank you sir.

• JohnnyNYPD4Life
    commented on 's reply
    The psych won’t stop me. You will see. I’ll report back to you. Lol

• JohnnyNYPD4Life
    replied
    All of you all have a wonderful night. Appreciate the feedback. Peace and love to all. I’ll post back once my neck tattoo is removed. I’m going with the picosure laser. It’s going to cost 2000-3000 dollars. Oh well! I’m excited actually.

Leave a comment:

• JohnnyNYPD4Life
    commented on 's reply
    No they aren’t. Lol

• JohnnyNYPD4Life
    commented on 's reply
    Because you really know everything about my life? Over a forum post you have me all figured out huh? Lol I’ll keep my degree and wonderful gpa that took so much work! Appreciate the love and compliments brother. Have a great day.

• JohnnyNYPD4Life
    commented on 's reply
    lol well....smh

• JohnnyNYPD4Life
    commented on 's reply
    I’m comfortable with being honest. Why delete anything? Thanks buddy

• JohnnyNYPD4Life
    commented on 's reply
    I do not mind. I’m not worried.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9916 users online. 391 members and 9525 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X