Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JohnnynevergoingtobePD has MUCH to learn about life. Seems his vaunted “degree” isn’t worth the paper it’s printed on. He should ask the school for a refund.

His mental acuity and maturity is at the 10 year old level.
    Im SURE that’s what the public wants...

What a Maroon.
    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• JohnnyNYPD4Life
      JohnnyNYPD4Life commented
      Editing a comment
      Because you really know everything about my life? Over a forum post you have me all figured out huh? Lol I’ll keep my degree and wonderful gpa that took so much work! Appreciate the love and compliments brother. Have a great day.

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
    JohnnynevergoingtobePD has MUCH to learn about life. Seems his vaunted “degree” isn’t worth the paper it’s printed on. He should ask the school for a refund.

His mental acuity and maturity is at the 10 year old level.
    Im SURE that’s what the public wants...

What a Maroon.
    He can't stop himself from digging in ,,,,,,,,,,,,

He is smarter and more educated than us.
    Last edited by Iowa #1603; 03-17-2019, 10:03 PM.
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

I was at a funeral recently, as the father of a childhood buddy had passed. People were there I hadn't seen in many, many years, including an older brother of my friend. I engaged him in conversation and was taken back when I noticed he was missing half his teeth. I thought- Whoa, dude. Not sure what happened there but either you stopped brushing or something went very wrong with your dental health and you didn't take measures to address it. It was hard not to make judgement about his appearance, but people do.

Same goes for neck tattoos and other cosmetic alterations. Whenever I see a hipster working at 7-11 with distended earlobes or devil horns inked on his forehead, I pretty much assume he'll always be working at 7-11. The bottom line is professional employers want people who represent their brand to have dignity and self-respect.

OP asked a question, got answers he didn't like, and went off the rails. If the neck tat doesn't sink him, the psych test will.
    I used to be a banker but I lost interest.

-Steven Wright

Comment

• JohnnyNYPD4Life
      Editing a comment
      I do not agree with you completely. I see your point. I understand. I always said I would cover them up. I never argued that. I will get the neck tattoo removed. Thanks for your input

• JohnnyNYPD4Life
      Editing a comment
      The psych won’t stop me. You will see. I’ll report back to you. Lol

Johnny.....been reading through these posts. Forget the tats....if you go through the NYPD process with that smug, self-righteous attitude, you're toast. Don't care if you did come from the rough, tough streets of Kings County.

Comment

• JohnnyNYPD4Life
      Editing a comment
      It’s a forum. None of these people are in front of me to see if I have an attitude about this. I do not have any attitude buddy. But thank you for input. I appreciate the time

Originally posted by Dinosaur32 View Post
    Johnny.....been reading through these posts. Forget the tats....if you go through the NYPD process with that smug, self-righteous attitude, you're toast. Don't care if you did come from the rough, tough streets of Kings County.
    This is dead on. The initial post gave me the impression you simply wanted an opinion and were willing to correct the issue anyway possible.

Since that post you have been combative, defensive and shown a real lack of maturity and respect.

Whether you feel some of these guys have been on too long or not... those are EXACTLY the types that will be sitting on your interview panels. Everyone in here that has been interviewed most likely has had someone jump down their throats for no reason at all. You have to take that in stride and not react like you have. This is when it's easy
    NYPD Exam 2302 (July, 2011) - 9x.xxx
    List number (December, 2011) - 2xx
    APD -???

Comment

• JohnnyNYPD4Life
      Editing a comment
      I came for advice. I got disrespected for no reason at all. I’m not upset. I don’t even have an attitude about this. Why? Because no one here knows me personally. I am fine with the criticism. The bottom line is...I said many times. I will get the neck tattoo removed. ASAP. Thank you. I wouldn’t have gotten defensive , if they weren’t so offensive. And even being defensive, I’m just not letting false statements linger as if they were true on this forum. Appreciate the help.

Originally posted by LSUTiger9314 View Post

This is dead on. The initial post gave me the impression you simply wanted an opinion and were willing to correct the issue anyway possible.

Since that post you have been combative, defensive and shown a real lack of maturity and respect.

Whether you feel some of these guys have been on too long or not... those are EXACTLY the types that will be sitting on your interview panels. Everyone in here that has been interviewed most likely has had someone jump down their throats for no reason at all. You have to take that in stride and not react like you have. This is when it's easy
    He told us the type of person he was in the first post. His follow up replies confirmed it. We also gave him suggestions and our opinions.

I also doubt he will correct the issue.

Comment

• JohnnyNYPD4Life
      Editing a comment
      I will. But thanks again buddy. Cheers

Originally posted by westside popo View Post

He told us the type of person he was in the first post. His follow up replies confirmed it. We also gave him suggestions and our opinions.

I also doubt he will correct the issue.
    Honestly the only thing that bothered me about the original post was "but don't not hire me because of tattoos"

no point going back and forth on that though, he confirmed your thoughts on him
    APD -???

Comment

• JohnnyNYPD4Life
      Editing a comment
      Look my oppinion was that, I understand not allowing tattoos to be visible once hired. But not hiring because we have them I do not agree with. That’s just my oppinion. We are allowed to disagree. I respect yours. Thank you.

Originally posted by JohnnyNYPD4Life View Post
    While also this doesn’t affect my ability to do police work whatsoever
    Wrong.

If somehow you make it through any police academy and become a cop, you are going to be judged by both peer and perp.

Say you work your way up to undercover or even just plainclothes. Bad guys will spot and remember that tat from a mile away. Best case scenario they will just avoid you or spread the word you’re a narc and your undercover stint is done. Worst case scenario is they remember you and blow your head off just to make a point.

I live in NYC, lived all over the boros including “rough and tough” Brooklyn; I know my stuff. MS-13 is no joke in NY, especially in Suffolk County. They have a green light to kill cops without approval and they will. They just killed a guy last week for wearing a Payton Manning jersey.

Tattoos are not a badge of toughness like they used to be, they are a dime a dozen. Perps see you covered in tats will probably try to test you. You really want to respond to a call after being on for 10 hours only to be met with additional resistance because the guy wants to test you?

Also, if you get tired of doing state/local PD and want to move to federal, most agencies will have even more strict standards on tattoos. USSS requires all tattoos to be covered. Would you remove your sleeves too?

I have tattoos, all of them hidden for a reason. Tattoos affect you more than you think.

Tattoos aside, your conduct on this board is going to be the real thing to hold you back. You are getting feedback from cops, not criminals. Sure some of the responses may be hard to swallow or even uncalled for, but if you are going to go off the rails on internet people you’ve never met, how are you going to handle a perp getting in your face just to get a rise out you while his buddy is filming in hopes you slip up and end up on the 6 o clock news? NYPD has body cameras; you’ll be under constant scrutiny.

A BI (especially NYPD’s BI) sees this thread (and they will since part of the process is to list all social media accounts) will no doubt raise flags.

You want to be a cop? Tighten up and grow thick skin.

This was not a direct and uncalled for attack on you, but if you read this response and got angry or blew it off completely, then you should rethink your career as being a LEO is not in your cards.

Comment

• JohnnyNYPD4Life
      Editing a comment
      thank you sir . Will do.

• JohnnyNYPD4Life
      Editing a comment
      I do not think tattoos are a badge of toughness. But thank you for taking your time and writing this to me. I do understand tattoos are very important in the professional world. I agree they should be covered for professional reasons. But I still don’t think it is right to not hire someone because they have them. The neck, face and hands I understand because it is hard to cover in uniform. Okay. I can agree. Again, I will get mine removed ASAP. I apprecaite your input. I really do -thank you sir.

Internet WIN.

Comment

Not to mention his name is on that diploma
    APD -???

Comment

• JohnnyNYPD4Life
      Editing a comment
      I do not mind. I’m not worried.

Originally posted by LSUTiger9314 View Post
    Not to mention his name is on that diploma
    Preserving it before the inevitable delete...

Along with his mug and ink...

FWIW, the tatts could be covered up. His attitude, not so much...

Last edited by not.in.MY.town; 03-18-2019, 01:51 PM.

Comment

• JohnnyNYPD4Life
      Editing a comment
      I’m comfortable with being honest. Why delete anything? Thanks buddy

I wouldn't hire anyone with tribal tattoos. But that's because I'm a tattoo snob

Comment

Our local FD would hire him if he modified his gorilla tatt to something like this:

Comment

• JohnnyNYPD4Life
      Editing a comment
      That’s some nice ink! I like mine still though. Lol

Pretty lame...

Comment

Aren’t tribal tats cultural missappropriation?

Comment

• JohnnyNYPD4Life
        Editing a comment
        No they aren’t. Lol

• CCCSD
        CCCSD commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes. They are. You aren’t a member of that group, and by stealing their cultural heritage, you are misappropriating their culture.

• JohnnyNYPD4Life
        Editing a comment
        That would be true had my tribal tattoo existed before I got it. Some tribal tattoos are free handed by the artist like mine was! Lol bet you didn’t know that. It was a made up design. Looks pretty cool huh? Hey buddy...thank you for taking time to try and give me advice and help out. All jokes aside. I appreciate you and everyone else on here.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6806 users online. 349 members and 6457 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X