Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Background Investigators...any advice?

I'm currently in the midst of the hiring process for a (out ofstate) state police agency. I have passed the written, physical, hiring panel, polygraph and am in the middle of my BI. The investigator has come to the house, interviewed parents, work, friends, past employers, ex-girlfriends etc. This has been going on for three weeks now. The waiting process is torture though, as I really want this position. Generally, how long does this take and at this point (unless something terrible comes up) should I be prepared for an employment offer?

A thorough background can take anywhere from 1 to 3 months. It would be premature to expect a CJO until you actually receive one. Unfortunately, anything can happen during a BG and you'd be surprised at what surfaces. Just hang tight until you hear from someone. It's a nail biter, but everyone goes through the same experience.
    Policebackground.net - Background investigation consulting & forums
    http://www.policebackground.net
    Facebook page: The Police Applicant Group (North America)

Comment

you've been waiting for 3 weeks? lol expect to wait longer buddy... concentrate on work or other stuff. don't plan your life around this application process

Comment

Thanks folks. Guess it's just a waiting game.

Comment

Background Investigators

Probably the most difficult part of the hiring process is the waiting. Nothing I can really say to make that any easier for you. Background Investigations have a way of being very thorough. That equates to time consuming. At the end of the day, you know, far better than any of us, if there are any issues in your past that could be a problem.

Comment

Ha, it could take a long time,and as one person said it, you will be suprised at what will surface. My BI brought lots of stuff up that I had forgotten about. Just hang in there, if you made it to BI, you've at least got a foot in the door.
            You have the right to remain silent, but apparently you lack the skill to exercise that right.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5082 users online. 291 members and 4791 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X