300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who does this??

OK, so I'm an idiot. I forgot to include a previous job on my application...

Basically, 8 years ago, I had a 1 day gig at a golf course doing maintenance - I didn't quit, nor was I fired, it literally was just a 1 day thing to help them get ready for opening day. BUT since they put me on payroll for that one day--much to my dismay--it shows up on my SSA earnings records I just received in the mail.

I have a call into the recruiter so that I can explain this to him, but has anybody ever done this or seen this happen with a happy ending? I'm worried I just screwed my chances by turning in an incomplete application (I just turned it in 2-3 weeks ago).

Thanks
    "Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils"

Who does this?

Give the Recruiter a call, fill him/her in on the "job". I don't see it as a problem.

Comment

Thanks - You're probably right calling it a "job" instead of a job. I suppose though that since I had a supervisor and I did receive a $45 paycheck for my services, I needed to include it!
      "Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils"

Comment

It's no big deal. Actually, because it was so long ago and only one day, the BI probably won't even do an employment check on it. Just disclose it to your BI and it shouldn't be a problem.
        Policebackground.net - Background investigation consulting & forums
        http://www.policebackground.net
        Facebook page: The Police Applicant Group (North America)

Comment

I filled out my PHS in the lobby of a Department 6 hours from my home, finished backgrounds, then realized I left out 3 of the 13 places I had applied. I brought it to my BI attention and gave him the information on the 3 aganecy's. I geuss I should have taken it home instead of trying to do the PHS by memory I just really wanted to get it done. The 3 agency's I left out didn't have anything bad to say about me, however, this Department has a policy about inaccurate PHS's and there not flexible even a little bit. They told me my background was done and I was good to go, but due to there policy, I would have to wait 6 months and re-apply, then they would hire me.
          "Will to Protect....Courage to Fight"

Comment

That sure sounds a bit unreasonable. Was your BI done in a day as well?

It took me 40 hours spread over a coupla weeks time, to do the research, get the necessary paperwork, and contact the necessary people (that I hadn't talked to in years and years - to tell them someone from Agency X would be calling them), and I spread that out over a coupla weeks. I couldn't imagine trying to do it all from cold memory sitting in the lobby of XYZ PD for six hours.

EDJ
            "It's a game of cat and mouse. It's a game of hide and seek. Albeit games with deadly consequences. Like most games-the better you know the rules, the more likely you are to win."

Comment

I had done a lot of research and had a lot of my documents with me. This wasn't the first PHS I filled out. Try 13 over about 5 months. So not only did I have a lot of my addresses and such, but I had a lot in my head from having done so many recently. I think having forgot 3 agency's over an entire PHS was pretty good. What are you gonna do, I won't be making that mistake again anytime soon. Now I have a current and accurate PHS printed out with me when I go to any interview. After all, that's all it was supposed to be when they gave me the packet that day, an interview.
              "Will to Protect....Courage to Fight"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6691 users online. 363 members and 6328 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X