300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B-More to Phoenix Lateral?

Hey guys and girls.......I have a few questions that I was wondering if someone could chime in on. I am currently a Officer in Baltimore, MD and I am looking to possibly make a Lateral move over to the Phoenix PD. I was wondering; how are the chances for advancement in the Phoenix PD? I have been out of the academy for 2 years and have been in plain clothes operations (doing drug work) for half that time. Is it relatively easy to get into plain clothes if you "do your job" correctly and consistently. Also, what is the cost of living like out in Phoenix? I moved to MD for my current job......and did I have a rude awakening when it came to living in a decent school and suburbia type area. I am real concerned about the school system due to having a daughter who will be entering into high school come Sept. If any one can be of assistance to me, I would greatly appreciate it. Also, what is the salary for a lateral? How long does it take to top out?

rookienj2,

Just as a suggestion, if you haven't already done so, go to the forum, local, under Arizona. There may be some topics that may answer your questions. I have been looking into AZ as well and they are hiring in Phoenix and Mesa. Phoenix has a 5 week lateral class, I believe, but go to that forum and check it out.

Comment

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately some of my questions weren't answered. I just received the lateral application in the mail today, so I will be sending that back in. I should be able to find out specifics once I am invited out there for an interview.

Comment

rookienj2,
        would you let me know what you find out? From what I was able to read from the officers, the school system and area is pretty rough unless you live outside of the area for a commute. How big, I do not know.

Good Luck

Comment

No problem.....I plan on possibly traveling out that way sometime in the next month or so. I also heard the area was kind of rough, but it can't be no worse than out here in Baltimore, as far as crime and cost of living. I work in the city and live out in another county and just making it. Man the things we do so our family can have a better life.....

Comment

Hey guys,

Im in Phoenix right now and there is a ton of opportunity. We have a lot of guys retiring and the city is recruting like crazy. I dont know if you have been to our website, but www.phoenix.gov/police/pdjob8.html will answer a lot of your questions regarding benifits and salary. There are a lot of nice places to live ouside of the Phoenix area. Commutes are all different because it really depends where you are traveling from. Traffic out here is kinda crazy but you will figure out when and where you can and cannot go.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3167 users online. 150 members and 3017 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X