Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019IsMyYeat
    replied
    Thank you all for taking the time to share your insights with me.

CCCSD, I really hope you're joking. I know I had my heart set on this position but I'm not that extreme.

Leave a comment:

• just joe
    commented on 's reply
    It should be clear to you that you are not getting it anyway.

• CCCSD
    replied
    You should sue the agency. They are discriminating against you. Sue for that job. It’s yours by right.

Leave a comment:

• Iowa #1603
    replied
    Originally posted by 2019IsMyYeat View Post
    I know it sounds pety, but withdrawing my application means I won't get the job that I've set out for.
    you aren't going to get the job EITHER way
    I. My background interviewer called me a week later and said I would be DQ or withdraw and reapply in 3 months.

Leave a comment:

• Bing_Oh
    replied
    I know it sounds pety, but withdrawing my application means I won't get the job that I've set out for.
    With all due respect, what you want is not a factor in their hiring. They saw a potential issue and essentially decided to give you a second chance in 3 months. That they gave you that "out" instead of your request to go over the examiner's head getting you pegged as a "more trouble than you're worth" candidate says that they still have some degree of interest.

As has already been said, take the out you were given and re-apply in 3 months as recommended. Any attempt to "fight" a hiring decision will get you exactly nowhere...even if, by some miracle, they were forced to hire you, you'd walk in the door on probation with the world's largest bullseye on your forehead.

Leave a comment:

• clof2001
    replied
    You're applying for a clerical position, not sworn. Which means there's probably dozens or hundreds or thousands of qualified people that can fill it - who knows. If you make a big stink out of it, they're not going to waste their time on you. They'll just move on to someone else.

It's not the first time someone failed a poly or didn't get what they want. Again, if they told you to reapply in 3 months, I would take that advice.

Leave a comment:

• 2019IsMyYeat
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Iowa #1603
    replied
    Originally posted by clof2001 View Post
    If they told you that you could withdraw and reapply in 3 months, consider that a gift. Fighting it will get you nowhere.

An incident like that is hardly a DV charge, but the fact that you hid it and then suddenly remembered makes them think you are hiding something else. Don't conceal anything and try again in 90 days.
    Read this 10 times

Then follow the directions given to you by the agency

Leave a comment:

• clof2001
    replied
    If they told you that you could withdraw and reapply in 3 months, consider that a gift. Fighting it will get you nowhere.

An incident like that is hardly a DV charge, but the fact that you hid it and then suddenly remembered makes them think you are hiding something else. Don't conceal anything and try again in 90 days.

Leave a comment:

• 2019IsMyYeat
    started a topic DQ after Poly

DQ after Poly

I've been trying to get an admin clerical position since May 2018 for a Sheriff Dept in CA. The ball finally started rolling in November. Had my background interview in December and Poly this month. During the pre poly "interview" something the polygrapher said caused me to remember that when I was 14 I struck my ex in the arm during an argument. Aprrox 21 years ago. I shared that with them. My background interviewer called me a week later and said I would be DQ or withdraw and reapply in 3 months. The way the background interviewer spoke to me, you would have thought I was a heroin addict who molested children and robbed banks. She even said this was a "memorable experience" that I shouldn't have forgotten. I asked to speak to a supervisor which was like pulling teeth. I was basically told they will speak to their supervisor when they can.

My question is what are my options for fighting this? Right now, I feel like I should have "lied" by not saying anything when she caused me to remember the incident.

It might just be me but it seems silly to DQ someone for such a small act at the age of 14 that they have spent the better part of 21 years trying to forget that person. And yes, I understand from their prespective I lied on my application, my background interview but then told the truth before the poly so I wouldn't "lie" on the poly.

Thank you in advance for your guidance!!

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5561 users online. 320 members and 5241 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X