300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traffic Incident

So I had a fender bender today and was cited with careless and prohibited driving which is a minor citation in the state I am currently living in. I have a pretty clean driving record before this accident today and I was really confident that I could maintain that so that I wouldn’t have to worry about much when I start applying. Only one written warning, no tickets. I start applying for agencies in about a year. I’m worried that this fender bender will affect my chances now since it will be pretty recent to the time of me applying. Any thoughts on this? I’m open to any comments.

The other guys vehicle didn’t have much damage. Just a couple of small dents and a little bit of his plastic bumper hanging off. My truck had more damage done to it in my opinion. My right, front bumper was pushed into my wheel. Accident was my fault and I’ll admit to it. I was focused on my GPS for a second to make sure I was going the right way. I was in a part of a city I haven’t driven much so I didn’t know where to go exactly. We were on a on-ramp with a yield sign. I gave him a gentle tap.. now I’m here. Thanks in advance.

Be truthful about what happened and own the mistake. If the rest of your driving record is clean, you should be ok, especially in a year's time.

I know people who've been hired with much worse.

Comment

It's a minor issue, really. If the other guy doesn't show up to court the tickets are going to get dropped anyway.

Like clof2001 said, be honest and own it. Is what it is. It's not going to derail an entire application process.

Comment

Most of us have done far worse damage to patrol cars. Accidents happen, hiring boards understand that, as long as you don't try to hide anything or get creative with the truth.

Comment

I don't think it is going to be a deal breaker.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11487 users online. 338 members and 11149 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X