X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iowa #1603
    replied
    Originally posted by L-1 View Post
    Most likely, no one will touch him. The big concern is, a few years down the line they may have an armed officer on the street who starts having flashbacks and sees dragons. Then what?

However, there are a very few agencies that say they will hire (I can think of at least two in California) if you haven't taken LSD in the last five years. You just have to search hard to find them.
    Originally posted by not.in.MY.town View Post

Tell your "friend" that many departments (including mine) permanently DQ for ANY hallucinogenic drug use. Even just once. Even 20 years ago.

Read these answers

They mimic Iowa law as far as LSD usage

Leave a comment:

• just joe
    replied
    It really depends on the agency. It is no longer a universal DQ. He needs to ask at each PD he is interested in in order to avoid wasting everyone's time.

Leave a comment:

• eagleI
    replied
    Some California agencies have lowered their drug standards (to include LSD and ecstasy) because they are having trouble hiring. BART is one agency.

Leave a comment:

• not.in.MY.town
    replied
    Originally posted by Logan40 View Post
    Hello,

I would like to keep this brief on my end. My good friend from college will be graduating soon and is nervous about applying for his local police department. Reason being is he told me he took LSD one time approximately 3-4 years ago. He said he only did it ine time and regrets thr incident. He isn't sure if this will automatically DQ him or not? He has not done or taken any other substances.

Thank you.
    Tell your "friend" that many departments (including mine) permanently DQ for ANY hallucinogenic drug use. Even just once. Even 20 years ago.

Some departments may allow experimental use and only DQ you for a certain number of years (for example 3/5/10 years since last usage).

I'm not familiar with any agency that will hire an habitual user of hallucinogenics.

Leave a comment:

• L-1
    replied
    Most likely, no one will touch him. The big concern is, a few years down the line they may have an armed officer on the street who starts having flashbacks and sees dragons. Then what?

However, there are a very few agencies that say they will hire (I can think of at least two in California) if you haven't taken LSD in the last five years. You just have to search hard to find them.

Leave a comment:

• Logan40
    replied
    Also I apologize, I'm not sure why it posted two times

Leave a comment:

• Logan40
    started a topic Hiring

Hiring

Hello,

I would like to keep this brief on my end. My good friend from college will be graduating soon and is nervous about applying for his local police department. Reason being is he told me he took LSD one time approximately 3-4 years ago. He said he only did it ine time and regrets thr incident. He isn't sure if this will automatically DQ him or not? He has not done or taken any other substances.

Thank you.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9686 users online. 447 members and 9239 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X