Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hiring

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hiring

    Hello,

    I would like to keep this brief on my end. My good friend from college will be graduating soon and is nervous about applying for his local police department. Reason being is he told me he took LSD one time approximately 3-4 years ago. He said he only did it ine time and regrets thr incident. He isn't sure if this will automatically DQ him or not? He has not done or taken any other substances.

    Thank you.

  • #2
    Also I apologize, I'm not sure why it posted two times

    Comment


    • #3
      Most likely, no one will touch him. The big concern is, a few years down the line they may have an armed officer on the street who starts having flashbacks and sees dragons. Then what?

      However, there are a very few agencies that say they will hire (I can think of at least two in California) if you haven't taken LSD in the last five years. You just have to search hard to find them.

      Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Logan40 View Post
        Hello,

        I would like to keep this brief on my end. My good friend from college will be graduating soon and is nervous about applying for his local police department. Reason being is he told me he took LSD one time approximately 3-4 years ago. He said he only did it ine time and regrets thr incident. He isn't sure if this will automatically DQ him or not? He has not done or taken any other substances.

        Thank you.
        Tell your "friend" that many departments (including mine) permanently DQ for ANY hallucinogenic drug use. Even just once. Even 20 years ago.

        Some departments may allow experimental use and only DQ you for a certain number of years (for example 3/5/10 years since last usage).

        I'm not familiar with any agency that will hire an habitual user of hallucinogenics.

        Comment


        • #5
          Some California agencies have lowered their drug standards (to include LSD and ecstasy) because they are having trouble hiring. BART is one agency.

          Comment


          • #6
            It really depends on the agency. It is no longer a universal DQ. He needs to ask at each PD he is interested in in order to avoid wasting everyone's time.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by L-1 View Post
              Most likely, no one will touch him. The big concern is, a few years down the line they may have an armed officer on the street who starts having flashbacks and sees dragons. Then what?

              However, there are a very few agencies that say they will hire (I can think of at least two in California) if you haven't taken LSD in the last five years. You just have to search hard to find them.
              Originally posted by not.in.MY.town View Post

              Tell your "friend" that many departments (including mine) permanently DQ for ANY hallucinogenic drug use. Even just once. Even 20 years ago.

              .
              Read these answers

              They mimic Iowa law as far as LSD usage
              Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

              My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

              Comment

              MR300x250 Tablet

              Collapse

              What's Going On

              Collapse

              There are currently 12266 users online. 484 members and 11782 guests.

              Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

              Welcome Ad

              Collapse
              Working...
              X