300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polygraph?

i took the polygraph today and answered all 15 questions truthfully, except the man giving the polygraph said i was being deceptive on one question reguarding how many times i smoked marijuana. he kept badgering me to change my answer because he said it showed deception. he then said i have to come back and take another polygraph about that one question. does this mean im in trouble. i wasn't lying , so if i say the same thing this time will i be disqualified. im frustrated. someone help please

polygraph

nope you are not in trouble....i took one with lasd and showed supposed deception for a couple of questions....i took a specific poly for one of the questions and i thought i was golden...now i got a call from my BI today to have another specific poly for the other question....anyway sounds like you are telling the truth and you will get a second poly specifically centered on the questioned you failed and you should be ok
    My goals are simple, I will always be painfully honest,
    Work as hard as I can, learn as much as I can and
    Hopefully make a difference in people’s lives.

Deputy David W. March EOW April 29, 2002

Comment

There could be a number of things contributing. Sometimes they'll do that just to see if you confess to something. Or sometimes you can't think of something but in the back of your head your brain knows. If you're being honest you should have nothing to worry about.
      -Stay safe

Comment

2nd polygraph = they're not willing to give up on you yet. I had the same thing happen to me when I got hired; something didn't quite add up so they scheduled me for a 'clarification' CVSA (voice lie detector).

Tell the truth as best as you know.

Comment

Tell the truth and god will put you where he wants you to work. I'm POST Academy Graduate and I'm testing with LASO next month. How was the process?
          "Will to Protect....Courage to Fight"

Comment

It is a ploy...to see if you will change your answer....We all have went through the exact same thing. Just tell the truth.
            This is the one of many tactics we use with suspect and children by ask the same question and see how many different lies we will get. A Polygraph is the most stressful test anyone will take because it is tactics from computer measurements of the body and human observation point of view with no hard facts or evidence.
            Last edited by AKA=Cruz; 04-26-2007, 04:19 PM.
            "An officer has the confidence to stand alone, the courage to make tough decisions, and the compassion to listen to the needs of others. He does not set out to be a leader, but becomes one by the quality of his actions and the integrity of his intent."

Comment

Similar thing happened to me on my poly (sort of). The examiner kept going back to the marijuana usage question. He never said I was showing deceptive but the question was repeated a lot. I'm sure there was a reason for it. I spoke truthfully and came out on top in the end. I later learned that this is a tactic used to make sure you are being truthful.

Comment

For god sakes one question shows deception and they wont hire you. What the hell these lie detector tests are just ridiculous.

Comment

You go to the next test and keep on telling the truth. I can't believe you have gone this far for a little thing like this to to stop you.
                  www.military.com

Moderator Hot Topics

www.militarypoliceassn.net

Comment

Polygraph tests can be wrong, unfortunately you cannot challenge the results, being truthful is all you can do. Ever wonder why polygraph tests are inadmissable in court ?
                    law dog

Comment

Patroldog. Where are you working out of in LA I just moved back to Oregon I really miss Lake Charles.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3475 users online. 182 members and 3293 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X