300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resumes and Certifications...

Do certain certifications look good on a resume? I am currently going through a lifeguarding class (includes basic water rescue, first aid, AED, and CPR) and have a job as a lifeguard lined up for the next two summers. Since I am doing it anyway, I am wondering if the training and job will stand out at all when applying to a law enforcement agency? Thanks!
    "The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life, of whom shall I be afraid?" -Psalm 27:1
    Commissioned Police Officer
    RLTW

it'll help.. but i doubt it'll be an eye opener since most recruits will learn aed,cpr, first aid in the academy

Comment

They wont hurt you, but they wont help you much either. When I sit on our panel we look at the resume for some basics, but your interview itself holds much more weight.

Comment

Okay, thanks!
        "The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life, of whom shall I be afraid?" -Psalm 27:1
        Commissioned Police Officer
        RLTW

Comment

As said before. You'll learn most of that stuff in the academy so they're not really worried too much about being CPR certified already.

Also, try to avoid putting too much information on your resume. A resume is more of a summary of qualifications.
          -Stay safe

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5716 users online. 309 members and 5407 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X