300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hopefully last question! Final process

Sorry for all the questions guys, first time in the process its been a roller coaster but an exciting one into the career.

So i made the Top 3! When i asked how many they were hiring they told me 1, its a small department 50 sworn officers or so. One guy is experienced from the town over, that works directly with mine. The other is gray haired older was an LEO many years ago and had some surgeries and has been out a good many years. We were all talking after the agility test (me and the other applicants) they said when they asked the response was "we have a few positions open" i was also told they had 3 positions open by another officer officer there. Do you think they have 3 open positions but only budget enough for one?
    Thanks again as always guys your advice and insight is always on key. Also super quick followup questions, that has me curious. Another officer moving to the city over because he doesn't agree with policies after many years taking a decent pay cut moving? Whats your thoughts?

Another officer moving to the city over because he doesn't agree with policies after many years taking a decent pay cut moving? Whats your thoughts?
    1329032118758_1218924.png

He's making a statement.
    When you're 20 you care what everyone thinks, when you're 40 you stop caring what everyone thinks, when you're 60 you realize no one was ever thinking about you in the first place.

-Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Daximoose View Post
      Do you think they have 3 open positions but only budget enough for one?
      A position cannot exist unless it has been budgeted for.

Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

• Daximoose
        Daximoose commented
        Editing a comment
        I think its they "need 3 officers" but i don't know if the budget allows type of thing. They want 6 on each shift but currently only have 5 on each shift (12 hours)

They may leave a position vacant to save money, but it is still a budgeted position -- it is just not a filled position. No one here knows how many positions they have open, so our speculation is meaningless. In my experience, I've never seen a pay cut taking lateral candidate who wasn't bringing a lot of baggage with them.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6450 users online. 263 members and 6187 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X