300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Does This Mean?

I was recently informed via letter that I did not meet the "minimum suitability standards" of a department after they had completed my three month background investigation. Prior to this my background packet had recieved preliminary approval, and my background investigator gave no indication that there were any concerns during the entire investigation. The detective did a home visit just prior to submitting my file, and said that everything had checked out. I wasn't very concerned because I had been honest throughout the entire process.

I was wondering if anyone could give some insight into their phrase "minimum suitability standards". It sounds more like a phrase you would use with someone with a large red flag or auto-DQ near the beginning of the process, but I can also see it as a generic wording used in all rejection letters.

It's very difficult for me to be specific if the agency wasn't. In very general terms, the purpose of a Background Investigation is to determine a candidate's overall suitability to be appointed a Peace Officer. While there are similiar standards law enforcement wide, some agencies may be more strict in particular matters. Credit history, driving records come to mind. If you have, or have had issues that might have negatively impacted your chances, I certainly don't expect you to discuss them here.

Comment

There's really no telling what happened in your specific BI to be taken out of the running, but I would say there's a 95% chance that that is the same letter they sent to everyone that was not going to continue through the process.
      Get Local Coupons
      Fried Wires Internet Marketing Blog - My personal blog for reviewing internet marketing products.

Comment

That sounds like a "form letter" that is standard with all the applicants that have been DQ'd. It could be a number of reasons, even so simple as a better or more qualified applicant was found during your processing. Hang in there and apply around.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4677 users online. 303 members and 4374 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X