300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question i could not find answer too

I see a lot of answers on here saying "you will have some explaining to do, etc etc." Or that applicant will have some explaining to do about that on credit report.

Question is, dont most places just deny applicants and move on if they see something? How do applicants get a chance to explain things? I have done my oral board and they asked me no questions about anything on my resume or background. If they find something do they bring it up or do you email the recruiter and explain it beforehand? Just simple curiosity

Thanks again!

Usually the opportunity to explain is provided when a 'red flag' pops.

Don't email the recruiter in some ham-handed attempt to handle it. What you may think is a big deal may not be to them. If anything, you might turn a nothingburger into a big deal.

Chill and be cool. If they have concerns, they will let you know.

It is not the well-fed long-haired men that I fear, but the pale and hungry-looking.

-Julius Ceasar

Comment

If you score high enough to be reachable, you will be given a personal history questionnaire (PHS) to fill out and a background investigation will begin. Your Background Investigator (BI) will then review the PHS. There are often two interviews with the BI. The first one goes over your PHS and questions will be asked about any obvious red flags. The second one is called a discrepancy interview and happens towards the end of the background investigation. During the background, your BI will find all sorts of information that does not match what you told him or put on your PHS. Dates may be off, someone's recollection of an event may significantly differ from yours, the BI may have found something you forgot about, someone who was interviewed may have confused you with someone else - the list is endless. It is during these two interviews that you do your explaining.

Sometimes its easy, sometimes its complicated. When my attorney's son applied for a job as a police officer, a neighbor told the BI he had committed insurance fraud. The neighbor was speaking in good faith and honestly believed a fraud had been committed when in fact it had not. It took an extra month for the applicant to gather all the necessary receipts and contact information and for the BI to verify everything before he was cleared and passed his background. .
      Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

The above is good advice but you can also politely inquire at oral interviews to feel out if they have any concerns. Typically, at the end they'll ask you if you have any questions for them. A good one to ask may be "Did you have any concerns about anything on my background investigation or about my application?".

Comment

Ah thanks a ton guys, First time interviewing and making it this far. Wasn't sure how it works there is not a step by step on the website so i was curious.You guys are always on point!

Comment

And no two Agencies will handle things the same way.
            #32936 - Royal Canadian Mounted Police - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
            Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 to date
            RCMP Veterans Association - Regina Division member
            Mounted Police Professional Association of Canada - Associate (Retired) member
            "Smile" - no!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12256 users online. 442 members and 11814 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X