300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a provisional offer from LAPD

I just received a letter in the mail saying Ive been given a provisional offer of employment for the LAPD.

Im kind of amazed by this because I just had my first department interview 2 days prior to receiving this letter. I am taking my medical and pscyhological next week as well. I just started the process in Feburary so I am just astounded at the speed of progression.

I know a provisional offer of employment is usually given at the end of the hiring process in most departments, does anyone know what this may mean? I have been interning with the department for 3 months...maybe that had an affect.

Anyone have clues to the hiring processes of large departments?

thanks!

It usually means they will offer you employment once you've passed the physical and psychological. SO...CONGRATS!!!!!!!!! I'm not with a "large" department (only 100 sworn) but they operate the same way.
    sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

Yes, it is common practice to make Conditional Offers of Employment (COE) since 1991 when the ADA was passed. Reinforced by the more recent HIPPA law, it is unlawful to make inquiries about a person's or potential applicant's medical history until a conditional offer of employment is made.

I'm sure there are many on here that know far more of the history and reasons behind this practice than I, I just wanted to fill in the gap until they were able to reply in more detail.

EDJ
      "It's a game of cat and mouse. It's a game of hide and seek. Albeit games with deadly consequences. Like most games-the better you know the rules, the more likely you are to win."

Comment

Have you completed your background?
        Policebackground.net - Background investigation consulting & forums
        http://www.policebackground.net
        Facebook page: The Police Applicant Group (North America)

Comment

The thing is, I dont even know. Letters were sent out but I wasnt even assigned a background investigator.

Things have gone very differently then most departments that I have been in the process with.

Comment

Most of the time you'll get a CJO after you pass the BG. If you had reference letters sent out, then you're in a BG. I'm not sure why a BI hasn't contacted you. This is kinda puzzling and I work there. :P
            Policebackground.net - Background investigation consulting & forums
            http://www.policebackground.net
            Facebook page: The Police Applicant Group (North America)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3666 users online. 139 members and 3527 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X