300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nypd Process Questions

Hello I took NYPD exam 8339 in late July and have a couple questions about the hiring process.
    1. If it takes 6-9 months to get list numbers and everything, what are the next steps after that?
    2. I got an 84 on the July exam and I don’t get any credits is that score good enough to get a call if so how long do you guys think?
    3. From what I understand you submit a questionnaire once you get your list number. Once you submit the questionnaire how long does it take to get going with everything else?
    4. How many academy classes go in every year?
    5. How does the work schedule work?
    Sorry for the amount of questions
    Thank you for taking your time to answer my questions, I look forward to hearing back from you guys

Your score is fine and you will be invited to go through the process. You will most likely do a physical fitness test first. When you pass that you get invited to meet with your BI. You will fill out a background packet that will be sent to you prior to meeting with your BI. After that you will take a psychological test and then be scheduled to meet with a psychologist. Once you get through all that, you take a mini medical which consist of eye and hearing test. All goes good with all these things in the process, you wait to get called.

When I went through it was two academy classes a year consisting between 1000 to 2000 recruits. I’m not sure how they do it now. I think they been overlapping academy classes of 4 classes a year. When you get out of the academy police officers work a 8:35 hour tour. Patrol works 5 on 2 off 5 on 3 off (days off move a day forward every two weeks). If you have steady days off 5 on 2 off steady, you will earn 18 chart days a year. The unit I’m in works 4 on 2 off 8:35.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10253 users online. 342 members and 9911 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X