300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Policing and customer service

As a police officer, what is your role in providing customer service to the public at large?

Originally posted by kcop1
    As a police officer, what is your role in providing customer service to the public at large?
    Depends on what you mean by customer service. Oftentimes the police are called, even though it is not a police matter. People call the police when they do not know who else to call. An example would be a water main break. There isn't much an officer can do about a water main break and falls into public works. But, we are dispatched to them when somebody calls..and we meet the person and provide 'service' to them.

If you are referring to how to deal with the public in general, then I would say it is somewhat customer service oriented. I try to treat people with the utmost respect (even if not getting it in return). When dealing with people, I try to treat them as I would expect an officer to speak to my mother if she called the police. This has its limits, however, when dealing with dirtbags. I will still be polite at first but at sometimes you have to turn on the ahole a little bit.

Comment

Customer Service

Law Enforcement is one profession where the customer isn't always right. in fact, he's often wrong enough to recieve a citation,or go to jail. That said, the basic rule of thumb is to treat people as you'd want to be treated yourself. The great majority of people respond favorably to courteous treatment. That often includes people you arrest, cite, advise, etc. If the "customer" escalates the contact into a more tense, or even hostile situation, the Officer responds accordingly.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4941 users online. 298 members and 4643 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X