300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passing Backgrounds

I'd like an honest assesment of whether or not I stand a chance in backgrounds before I waste my time and the government's time.

A little bit of background info.. I am 25. I work as a manager at a restaraunt. I worked as an EMT for 2.5 years from age 21-23. I am going to to my final semester of my BA degree.

- When I was 18 I had bouts of shortness of breath. The doctor classified it as anxiety. I took meds for roughly 2 months. I stopped taking them and I have never had any issues since.
    - I tried marijuana 2-3 times and thc/cbd drops one time, all back in 2012 or 2013.
    - I had 2 traffic tickets (unsafe lane change and crossing a double yellow line), both in 2011-2012.
    - I drank alcohol while I was under 21.
    - In 2014, I went to a concert. I was 21 and I bought my friend that was under 21 a beer.
    - In March, and in the beggining of May, there was a night that I had roughly 4 beers over the span of a few hours and I drove my car.

My biggest concern, and regret, is the recency of driving a vehicle after a few beers. I searched the forums couldn't find any posts similar. Thanks for any responses.

How old was the "friend?"
    The drug use while an EMT is some concern to me. It's also fairly recent and you were using an illegal substance while employeed in a position of trust.

If I had someone with a better background I would pick them first.

Some departments are hurting for bodies though, so who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by westside popo View Post
      How old was the "friend?"
      The drug use while an EMT is some concern to me. It's also fairly recent and you were using an illegal substance while employeed in a position of trust.

If I had someone with a better background I would pick them first.

Some departments are hurting for bodies though, so who knows.
      Regarding the alcohol for a minor, I was 21 and my friend was 19 or 20.

Regarding the marijuana trial, It was before I was employed as an EMT. I was between the ages of 19 and 20.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10934 users online. 404 members and 10530 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X