300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Credit Question

I have Orientation coming up real soon with an agency in Miami. My wife and I recently reached out to a debt solution company to negotiate our debt With our current credit card company. The company have advise us to stop making payment to these credit card companies. I told explained to them that I was in the process of joining an agency. They have provided me with a letter stating that I am in the process of negotiating with all of my credit card companies. My question is, is this feasable?

I would work out a deal directly with the credit card company.

Never used one of those debt solution agencies. They sound more like a scam to me. It also sounds like bad advise.

Comment

All they do is screw up your credit more, and for a fee.
      Judge me by the enemies I have made----Unknown

Comment

I did one of those programs before getting on. I say do what's best for you and your wife. The program I did saved me a lot of money on the interest. Just be prepared to explain why you did what you did to a background investigator.
        I'd rather be judged by 12 rather carried by 6.

It should be noted that any and all post that are made are based on my own thought and opinions. And are not related or implied to represent the department I work for.

Comment

You can do the same thing yourself.....without this company. Anytime you stop paying off credit, the issuer will eventually look to close out the debt. The creditor usuaully offers a 50% or better payoff.

Comment

Be prepared to explain why your debt reached the point of requiring settlements. Your prospective agency will want to know if this is a pattern of behavior where you "bite off more than you can chew" or an isolated incident due to unforeseen circumstances. I would suggest trying to work out settlement details with the companies directly, or if you use a service, research first to pick a reputable one.

Comment

• Volcher1
              Volcher1 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks guys for the feed back. The problem is that I've already started the process. I was thinking stopping it after I get hired.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10952 users online. 404 members and 10548 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X