300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Background investigation

Alright gentlemen, I’m currently in the background investigation for my local police department. It’s been about three months and I haven’t heard anything yet. I called a few times and they’ve kind of just told me they’ll get in touch with me if they need anything. Should I just wait it out and be patient? I honestly don’t want to continue calling them and annoy the hell out of them. Also feel free to add any Tips you guys have.

Clearly, they're not in a hurry to fill the position.

You have to understand how this works. They're not going to hire you, give you a gun and badge and turn you loose on the streets. First, you will need to go through an academy. Academies need to have sufficient amount of cadets to be cost effective, so they're only held every few months, once sufficient applicants are available to train. You may have passed the background, medical and psych, but if the next academy isn't for another six months, they're not going to hire to, just to sit around the station and do nothing until the first day of training.

Right now you are learning the first rule of government -Hurry Up And Wait. You will be doing this for all of your career. Get used to it. .
    Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

One 'Tip' I'll offer is don't assume all LEOs are men. I have a few ideas but I'll defer to the 'gentlemen'
      Judge me by the enemies I have made----Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by patrick c View Post
        alright gentlemen, i’m currently in the background investigation for my local police department. It’s been about three months and i haven’t heard anything yet. I called a few times and they’ve kind of just told me they’ll get in touch with me if they need anything. Should i just wait it out and be patient? I honestly don’t want to continue calling them and annoy the hell out of them. Also feel free to add any tips you guys have.
        2018 smh
        Judge me by the enemies I have made----Unknown

Comment

They told you that they would call you if they needed anything. That is the answer.

Comment

Waiting is hard but the best option. Keep testing in the meantime and stay in shape so you're ready to go when the time comes.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10948 users online. 407 members and 10541 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X