X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mirrain
    replied
    Originally posted by Army_Soldier
    The last thing I want to do is try to hide, minimize or down play anything. I have worked my tail off my entire life, keeping integrity as something that could never be questioned, and surely don't want to start now that I am so close to fulfilling a life long dream.
    Bingo! Sounds to me then you have little to worry about. The first point you made which I quoted is one of the biggest issues during the BI. None of what you mentioned stands out to me as being a show stopper. Good luck and keep us posted on when you're heading off to the academy.

Leave a comment:

• Army_Soldier
    replied
    I have no contact with the person who accused me at all. I did disclose all information in my personal history statement though. Since the local Sheriff's Department investigated the abuse incidents and was working with LA County Homicide, they should have all of the information related to the cases. The last thing I want to do is try to hide, minimize or down play anything. I have worked my tail off my entire life, keeping integrity as something that could never be questioned, and surely don't want to start now that I am so close to fulfilling a life long dream.
    I was hoping to get the responses I have received so far, and I feel at ease now. After 19 years in the Military, I just hope I live long enough to put that much time into LE.

Thanks again all.

Leave a comment:

• LA_Backgrounds
    replied
    Your combat duty related incidents wouldn't be an issue unless there you were brought to trial for misconduct or a crime. You should be ok there.

Your BI should ask you extensively about your relationship with the now convicted felon. I would be concerned with any judgment issues related to associating with her. You should front load the background with as much documentation as possible related to all 3 incidents including any statements showing you being innocent of any involvement. Unfortunately, even though your were proven innocent, you'll need show it again during your BG. Hopefully, you can get all of the documents from the PD that conducted the investigations. Even a letter proving your innocence would be better than nothing.

Once you satisfy your BI that you were merely a victim, you should be fine.

Leave a comment:

• PhilipCal
    replied
    Mention the allegations and dispositions in your background/SPH. Engaging the enemy in combat is in a soldier's job description. I'd say, based on your post, that you're doing pretty well.

Leave a comment:

• Mirrain
    replied
    If you had no involvement in any of the stuff that she claimed you did, you have nothing to worry about it. Welcome to LE, get used to fabricated stories about you.

You caused bodily harm while defending yourself or someone else, or was it unprovoked? If it's self defence it's self defence. I don't think any reasonable person is going to suggest you sit down and take a beating from someone.

Leave a comment:

• Army_Soldier
    started a topic General back ground questions.

General back ground questions.

This morning I turned in my personal history statement, and filled out the lengthy CVSA questionnaire so the local Sheriff's Department can begin my back ground investigation.

In the past I have been questioned twice for child abuse and molestation as well as once for being mentioned as a murder suspect. In all cases, the allegations were unfounded. The individual who accused me of all 3 incidents was out to get me, and had actually killed her husband and tried to frame me for the murder. In the end she got the death penalty for what she had done. Will being questioned for crimes against children even though unfounded raise a red flag in the BI eyes?

I also stated that I had caused bodily harm to someone, because in combat that is something most deployed soldiers have had to face. Due to the fact it was in a combat zone, is that something that could shine a negative light on me?

I am number 1 on the hiring list, and would hate for somehting that I had no control over have negative results for being hired as a Deputy Sheriff. Any insight would be much appreciated.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4865 users online. 262 members and 4603 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X