Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AKA=Cruz
    replied
    My first day of orientation they made it clear, beards and mustaches were not a look they wanted during the interview process. Plus in the academy you do not want to stand out right off the bat. But when the academy is over you can go with the dept. policies.

The verbal warnings shouldn’t be a problem.
    Last edited by AKA=Cruz; 04-19-2007, 03:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• knox
    replied
    I'll probably just shave both to be on the safe side.

I don't know if I would go so far to call what I have a beard though. It like a 3/4 wide and 1/4 inch in length "Chin Strap" type beard.

And I will also be disclosing all my stops - I was just curious if they are recorded.

Leave a comment:

• PhilipCal
    replied
    I can only speak for Alabama DPS regarding beards/mustaches. Neither are allowed for uniformed officers. In your particular situation, you could probably get by an Oral Board/interview with a neatly trimmed mustache. A beard, no matter how well groomed, is still frowned upon in many agencies. Do some research with any agency you apply to, in order to see what's allowed. Your driving record isn't all that bad. List any citations and stops regardless of whether or not a citation was issued.

Leave a comment:

• ask80
    replied
    1. most agencies dont' allow beards. so it depends on the agency
    2. shouldn't matter, but disclose all the stops no matter what

Leave a comment:

• knox
    started a topic 2 Questions

2 Questions

Finished my written test about 3 weeks ago and am thinking ahead..

1) Any advice as far as facial hair, I have a mustache and a neatly trimmed beard, is that looked down upon?

2) Also, regarding traffic stops. I have a seatbelt violation from about 6 years ago, other than that I haven't received any tickets. BUT, I have been stopped for speeding a few times (2) and for not coming to a complete stop at a Stop sign (1). But all 3 times I was given a verbal warning - will this show up or is there no record of these stops?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2645 users online. 179 members and 2466 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X