300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by L-1 View Post

Now I'm confused. When this happens, do you send everyone remaining on the list a letter, throw the list out and hold a new test to fill the next vacancies? Seems costly with regard to postage and testing.

When we fill our vacancies we take the number needed from the list in score order. Those that are "not selected" as you define it, remain on the list and continue to be considered for future vacancies until the list expires, which is an honorable outcome. They hear nothing more until their score is reached and they are processed. When the list dies, it is a quiet death and no one has any inkling of its passing until the exam announcement comes out offering a new test.

We always tell folks who are permanently DQed they can reapply, because there is no legal authority in my state to bar someone from taking a civil service exam. Of course, they will be DQed all over again because of their disqualifying personal history, but they will have been allowed to participate in the exam process, as is their right.
    California isn't Iowa

YOU are talking THOUSANDS of people

We talk of 10 to 20 people

Our lists are supposed to last 2 yrs but in reality we re-test for each opening unless they are REAL close together

We had 10 people who "passed" the last Civil Service test.....................9 were non selected, one was hired. We MIGHT have an opening next year..........or not
    Last edited by Iowa #1603; 10-14-2018, 08:14 PM.
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

I would apply to other departments.

I got one of those letters once and about a year later, they called me and asked if I was still interested. I took the job but looking back it wasn't a good fit.

Comment

Thank you all. I was actually considering writing a letter and I may still yet. I really was afraid of being “that guy” if I did. For now I’m just processing and gathering input.

Its not a civil service department but it is a large department. I wasn’t equating military to the police. I was simply stating that a year wait to me is a bigger deal now that I’m older. I’ll keep pushing.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11520 users online. 456 members and 11064 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X