300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eye Site?

I know that most departments require that you have 20/20 vision while employed, however I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of someone being DQ'd for only being able to see out of one eye at a time?

Note: Can see 20/20 vision out of both eyes uncorrected (lasik) and still have perfect peripheral vision out of both eyes at the same time. Im not sure of the medical term for this but was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on it.

Another way to describe it would be if you went to the DMV and looked into the eye machine you would see a different image with both eyes, however you would have to close your dominant eye to see what the other image is rather then most people being able to do it without thinking about it.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
    Go ahead run from a police officer you will have plenty of rest in prison!!!

Do you mean Eye Sight?

Each department has its on rules on vision, correctable vision and refractive surgery. You would have to contact the specific department regarding how they view your case.

Comment

LOL....yes i did mean sight....thank you
      Go ahead run from a police officer you will have plenty of rest in prison!!!

Comment

hey,

each dept's vision standards differ. sounds to me like your primary concern is going to be depth perception. if you are only using one eye at a time, you will be lacking depth percpetion. id go see the eye doc and discuss any concerns before you get to the medical exam and get dq'ed. good luck!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5857 users online. 329 members and 5528 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X