300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Past failure and future training

Hey there gentleman, I have a question and I think this would be the right spot to post it, if not I can re direct it.

I was once hired and in the academy, and failed the EVOC course. I missed it by a few seconds but struggled greatly on some parts of it. I have since done some outside training on my own dime and it definitely helped.

My first question is how do you think an agency would view this? I’m in the hiring process with two places and have been completely up front about it. I am down to the final steps with both of them currently before being hired.

My second question which may not go in this forum is do any of you know of any good places to do that training? I live in Virginia so I was wondering if any one knew of a good place to go. Thanks!

I thought you already did the driver training? Did you, or not yet?
    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

I did, but I would like to do more.

Comment

You would do better to just wait and do it in the academy. They want it their way, not Bob Bonderants way.
        Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

It all depends on whose academy DQed you. If it was the CHP academy and you failed to hit the curve at 5 X light speed as required, I don't think local agencies will be too bothered by it.
          Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

If it was a big deal, you would have been cut from the process by now instead of being in the final stages, don't you think?

Comment

If the driving is the only thing that got you tossed I would think you would be fine. If you don't make it through the process with either of the 2 agencies you are in process with, start small. Apply with a department at a University or a smaller agency. Do your time, and if you feel you want to move to a larger agency you can lateral at that point. Plus, if you work at a University (at least in CA), you can spend your time wisely and get your degree for free or extremely cheap.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10164 users online. 375 members and 9789 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X