Clear All

• Should I be concerned?

OK, so here's the deal:

Passed my written/physical post test in earily January
    Passed my oral board in Late January
    Immediatly turned in my background PHS in earily Feb
    Meet & Greet on FEB 20th with my BI
    I've been on a couple of Ride-along's since then as well

Now it's been almost 2 months since meeting with my BI and I'm anxious to hear how things are going. I'm don't think that my references given have been contacted either.

This may very well be because my BI is very busy and hasn't had the chance to move forward and complete my background, but like I said, I'm anxious.

Should I just continue to wait and hope for the best? Is this time frame usual?

Originally posted by Sivert8
    This may very well be because my BI is very busy and hasn't had the chance to move forward and complete my background, but like I said, I'm anxious.

Should I just continue to wait and hope for the best? Is this time frame usual?
    I think you answered your own question..."my BI is very busy and hasn't had the chance to move forward and complete my background!"

That being said, there's nothing wrong with a friendly call to your BI, and asking him if he needs anything else from you. This way you give the appearance of wanting to be helpful, not anxious.
    "Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought" ~Henri Louis Bergson

ComptonPOLICEGANGS.com

Comment

I gave him a friendly call just like that asking if I can supply him with any additional information.... that was last week. Didn't want to necessarily push my luck and call again to soon. He must really be busy.

Comment

Congratulations!! You've entered the most aggravating part of the hiring process: Waiting. Seriously, I really wish there was something I could say, or do to make it any easier on you. Many, many, cops have been down the same road you're going down now. As Compton Cop noted, you answered your own question. Most BI's are pretty busy individuals. They probably have quite a few files on their desks. I don't suggest you do too much calling to the Investigator, tempting as that might be. Hang in there. Good luck.

Comment

Go on with your life and day to day things. The BI will get to you when they get to you. Some just take longer based on amount of work, applicants, persons history, etc. Good luck.

Comment

Sounds right. I have those moments where I want to inquire, then I re-evaluate thinking that in the grand scheme of things 2 months isn't all that long. But yes, this is the definitly the fun part.... hurry up.... and wait. ;-)

I'll just assume that no news is good news.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4683 users online. 275 members and 4408 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X