Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to do when you don't hear anything?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do when you don't hear anything?

I went in for my interview with the chief about a month ago, they said that I would hear something by the end of March or beginning of April. Still haven't heard anything either way, I called HR and they said that they had no idea either.

Would my BI know anything or is he just there for the investigation and interview, and then out of the loop? Didn't want to bother him if not, plus I can't seem to find his number or e-mail anywhere. I know of at least two people who got conditionals over a week ago, and the waiting is killing me.

Kind of a silly thing post as I know I will just have to wait, but kind of therapeutic to talk about it I guess.
    Nick

How long did your background process take? I just left a post wondering what a normal timeframe is to wait. I know getting started in the process for me went quickly, but after I met with my BI it's been about 2 monthes with no reply.

Comment

Ater I was contacted and told that they were starting my investigation it was about 3 weeks before they called for an interview. After that is was about 2 weeks till I got my call for the chief interview. Although one thing that I have learned from friends, is that all of the departments are so different in hiring processes, there is no way to even get a base line on time.
      Nick

Comment

Guys, depending on the agency, a Background Investigation can last anywhere from three to six months. A lot of that depends on the size of the agency, and the workload of the department. In some agencies, line supervisors,or detectives are tasked with Background Investigations. This is in addition to normal duties/investigations. If one of these Officers is doing a background and a hot situation comes up, the Background check gets put on the back burner. Not much I can do the relieve the waiting, maybe just suggest some reasons for it.

Comment

Yes, I am blessed with my background Investigator being a Detective on the force.

The department has had numerous shootings (some fatal) to investigate along with many other felonies happening every day. so it's quite possible that he's been assigned to one of the many crimes that keep occuring in the area. Suppose I hope he catches the bad guy and then works on my file ;-)

Comment

I guess that I was under the impression that if I had made it to the chiefs interview and others were getting offers, that my BI had been completed. It would be great if it hadn't and that was the reason for not hearing anything. My background is the least of my worries.
            Nick

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2974 users online. 149 members and 2825 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X