X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ninjafrog
    started a topic Wonderlic Test

Wonderlic Test

I have recently took my Psych Written & Eval for a Police Department based in California. I was given a Wonderlic Test to complete 50 questions within a certain amount of time and it had been years since I have seen some of the math questions. I answered less than 10 questions. How much does the Wonderlic Test plays an impact with passing the Psych Eval?

• Sincity
    commented on 's reply
    That's awesome. At least you got the job. You could always lateral somewhere out here LOL When did you receive that firm offer from KCSO?

• scotty_appleton814
    commented on 's reply
    SinCity, I did end up getting a firm offer from KCSO, but (un)fortunately for me, the flood gates of multiple offers hit me around the same time and I ended up moving back home to a dept in IL. EVERYTIME I read my paycheck stub, I kick myself in the tushy at the taxes I pay. I do have a buddy or too that works for Olympia I think.

• ninjafrog
    replied
    Thanks! I know I scored lower than that. I explained to the psychologist that I was double checking my answers which is a habit I had with every academic-related written tests such as the SAT. I also explained to the psychologist that when she asked me to give myself a constructive criticism, I told her that I will need to hit the books to study more for stuff I haven't seen in years. My interview went well from what I am feeling, but it is what it is. It's up to the department to proceed who they want to attend the academy.

Leave a comment:

• Sincity
    commented on 's reply
    did you end up with KCSO? I've seen you in multiple WA State threads but i couldn't figure out if you made it with them and are still with them. I think i remember you saying your lateraled somewhere.

• scotty_appleton814
    replied
    If you take a wonderlic exam and score a 20 that is considered a person to have average intelligence. If you have some common sense and common knowledge you will do just fine. I took it for King County sheriff and I scored a 31. I consider myself to be an averagely intelligent person. I'm nothing special. You'll do alright.

Leave a comment:

• Sincity
    replied
    Im in the process with a dept in the PNW and they require the Wonderlic exam as well. Their passing score is 21 or higher. If you don't get at least a 21 then you get disqualified from the process. Most dept's out here require that test. I don't agree with it, as if a written exam doesn't measure common sense and cognitive senses.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8772 users online. 400 members and 8372 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X