300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wonderlic Test

I have recently took my Psych Written & Eval for a Police Department based in California. I was given a Wonderlic Test to complete 50 questions within a certain amount of time and it had been years since I have seen some of the math questions. I answered less than 10 questions. How much does the Wonderlic Test plays an impact with passing the Psych Eval?

Im in the process with a dept in the PNW and they require the Wonderlic exam as well. Their passing score is 21 or higher. If you don't get at least a 21 then you get disqualified from the process. Most dept's out here require that test. I don't agree with it, as if a written exam doesn't measure common sense and cognitive senses.

Comment

If you take a wonderlic exam and score a 20 that is considered a person to have average intelligence. If you have some common sense and common knowledge you will do just fine. I took it for King County sheriff and I scored a 31. I consider myself to be an averagely intelligent person. I'm nothing special. You'll do alright.

Comment

• Sincity
        Sincity commented
        Editing a comment
        did you end up with KCSO? I've seen you in multiple WA State threads but i couldn't figure out if you made it with them and are still with them. I think i remember you saying your lateraled somewhere.

• scotty_appleton814
        scotty_appleton814 commented
        Editing a comment
        SinCity, I did end up getting a firm offer from KCSO, but (un)fortunately for me, the flood gates of multiple offers hit me around the same time and I ended up moving back home to a dept in IL. EVERYTIME I read my paycheck stub, I kick myself in the tushy at the taxes I pay. I do have a buddy or too that works for Olympia I think.

• Sincity
        Sincity commented
        Editing a comment
        That's awesome. At least you got the job. You could always lateral somewhere out here LOL When did you receive that firm offer from KCSO?

Thanks! I know I scored lower than that. I explained to the psychologist that I was double checking my answers which is a habit I had with every academic-related written tests such as the SAT. I also explained to the psychologist that when she asked me to give myself a constructive criticism, I told her that I will need to hit the books to study more for stuff I haven't seen in years. My interview went well from what I am feeling, but it is what it is. It's up to the department to proceed who they want to attend the academy.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11087 users online. 416 members and 10671 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X