300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Social Media

On my background questionnaire I stated that I DID NOT have any form of social media. My account with Facebook has been deactivated for the past 2 years now. That means I have no social media correct?

It depends on what the meaning of the word "is" is. If the – if he – if "is" means is and never has been that is not – that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement.
    Thousands of people have talent. I might as well congratulate you for having eyes in your head. The one and only thing that counts is: Do you have staying power?

-Sir Noel Coward

Comment

And your O.com profile counts as social media. Did you mention that?

Best practice: only answer BI questions in absolute terms when absolutely the case.....
      Thousands of people have talent. I might as well congratulate you for having eyes in your head. The one and only thing that counts is: Do you have staying power?

-Sir Noel Coward

Comment

I didn't have this account at the time. I made it the last week of july

Comment

Doing backgrounds, I would say that your understanding of "does not have" is incorrect.
          In all of the backgrounds I went through, prior accounts were fair game. I even disclosed that I had a myspace back in the day and they laughed about it, but I was expected to disclose everything else. I had a twitter account that I had never used, it was inactive and I had to utilize the "forgot password" feature in front of my BI to show him it was vacant.
          If, in the course of me doing your background (hypothetical), I were to find your FB profile (we can do that) I would have follow-up questions for you, mainly to determine if you had intentionally or unintentionally omitted it from your package. If you didn't understand the question, it would make me ask deeper questions like "is this the type of guy who would just do something without fully understanding it" in regards to police work.
          It may seem minor, but it's all part of a big picture.

Comment

Originally posted by Navystatus View Post
            I didn't have this account at the time. I made it the last week of july
            Have you updated that fact with the agencies you have active applications pending ?
            Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

When in doubt, disclose. Nothing like a BI finding something and getting a “surprise”. Great way to eff yourself.

As Iowa stated, better go update the agencies you’re active with or you may have some very difficult questions to answer.
              Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Navystatus View Post
                On my background questionnaire I stated that I DID NOT have any form of social media. My account with Facebook has been deactivated for the past 2 years now. That means I have no social media correct?
                If you have to ask then the answer is no.
                If it was me I would told them about the closed social media account(s).
                Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.
                President Ronald Reagan

All we ask is to be let alone.
                President Jefferson Davis

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8132 users online. 330 members and 7802 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X