X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wk2005
    started a topic DUI questions.

DUI questions.

Hey everybody, looking to see if anybody knows or have heard of any PDs that have more lax regs towards prior DUI's than others. I only ask because because the normal standard seems to be anywhere from 5-10 years of the conviction date. I'm early 30's, prior service 11B and I've only gotten in trouble once and as you can tell, its a DUI from almost 4 years ago. Credit score is good so I'm not worried about that. Any info is much appreciated.

• Axix23
    replied
    It depends on the department. I know of a candidate who was hired over me and he had a prior DUI arrest a few years ago vs my clean driving record and background. So it really depends on what the agency is looking for. :/

Leave a comment:

• Zeitgeist
    replied
    You won't know if you don't apply. Was it a DUI arrest or DUI + accident? Be willing to move. As was mentioned above, the agencies that would hire you this soon after a DUI are desperate for bodies. You can work at one of these, let time between the offense and reapply to another dept. I wouldn't give up.

Leave a comment:

• HI629
    replied
    Chances are slim. Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• Ratatatat
    replied
    dragon-dreams3.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Iowa #1603
    replied
    Just be advised that even those agencies that have a "5 - 10 yr rule" on DUI's normally won't hire a prospective cop that has a prior DUI.............It just means that it isn't a Automatic Disqualifying matter after that time.

Yea, there are exceptions, and like westside popo stated ,......those agencies that have a hard time keeping staffed but in practice most agencies have enough applicants who don't carry a DUI history.

Good luck

Leave a comment:

• westside popo
    replied
    I've heard of some. Usually it's the departments that are desperate for bodies.

if you do get on don't ruin it!

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5582 users online. 202 members and 5380 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X